Join the Facebook page: Guns Across America - Tennessee Rally on January 19th! (PAGE IS NOW VIEWABLE)

WHERE: Nashville, Tennessee State Capitol Building (War Memorial area)
WHEN: January 19th @ High Noon
WHY: Support the Second Amendment!!!

Just type "Guns Across America - Tennessee" into your Facebook search bar. Once you get to the page click "Like".

I am now the official Tennessee state organizer for Guns Across America.  If you have questions please let me know.  I can tell you that this will be a great event.  I just spent 3 hours on a conference call with the organizers in the other 49 states, along with the national organizers.  I have speakers being lined up right now and I am working on more.  

There is a Right to Life rally at the Capitol building, so we will be assembling across the street at the War Memorial.  I have obtained permission from the people at Legislative Plaza, so we are good to go.  This is a public rally, so they have informed me that we do not need a permit or anything.  I urge people to dress somewhat nice and to not have a rifle on your back.  We do not need to feed the media stereotyping of gun owners.  Bring a sign too, but please make sure all the wording is spelled correctly.  Also, do not write any derogatory things on the signs.  The media WILL be there.  Please do not accept an interview unless you are prepared to do so.  Also, in the event that an anti-gun person tries to start a confrontation please WALK AWAY.

Thanks everyone!   

Edited by Seabeejason
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel stupid now. It was only viewable to people that don't live in the United States. I meant to do exactly the opposite, obviously. I fixed it. It should be viewable now.

I fear this may be indicative of the level of organization in each state. Really concerned that Bad Things might happen in one or more.

How is each state handling the issue of firearms themselves on that day? Quite important. Particularly in a state like TN where you may be legally confronted by LE for carrying any firearm.

Anyone carrying a rifle here will really stick out.  Quite concerned about these gatherings turning into a huge PR negative rather than positive.

Don't get me wrong, admire you for stepping up to the plate, but still .....

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="885165" timestamp="1358215159"]I fear this may be indicative of the level of organization in each state. Really concerned that Bad Things might happen in one or more.   How is each state handling the issue of firearms themselves on that day? Quite important. Particularly in a state like TN where you may be legally confronted by LE for carrying any firearm.   Anyone carrying a rifle here will really stick out.  Quite concerned about these gatherings turning into a huge PR negative rather than positive.   Don't get me wrong, admire you for stepping up to the plate, but still .....   - OS[/quote] Accidentally clicking on the wrong bubble when I set up the page is not indicative of anything. It was a simple mistake. I absolutely do not condone anyone carrying a rifle during the event. I urge people to carry signs, and maybe an umbrella if it rains. It needs to be strictly peaceful. Just a friendly gathering to voice our opinion. This is not a gun waving rally. I am not the sole person setting this thing up. I just started the Facebook page to get the word out. There were already people that were planning the event. I just felt we needed a good platform/advertisement to pass around.

... I absolutely do not condone anyone carrying a rifle during the event. .... I am not the sole person setting this thing up.

I find Facebook pages particularly difficult to get around in, but do you state "no guns" anywhere? Does anyone else who is "setting this thing up"?

Larry Ward (whoever he is) has never suggested these marches for Gun Appreciation Day, so there's no central place for national coordination of all this, right?

- OS

It was started by a guy in Texas from my understanding. He is an airline captain out there. He wanted to coordinate it nationally, but lacked the resources. So, word of mouth got the message out to everyone and now it is a national event. It happened pretty quickly. I just talked with one person that is bringing 15 of his friends. I am thinking the turn out is going to be very large. I will begin to convey the no guns message on my Facebook page this afternoon. This absolutely has to be peaceful with no confrontation of any kind.

I heard about this on the radio this morning.... I guess we better bring signs.

Rep. Chris Smith (R) NJ will be the keynote speaker for the upcoming Rally for Life in Nashville sponsored by TN Right to Life. The event will take place on Saturday, January 19th on the steps of the Capitol in Nashville beginning at 2:00 PM.

Okay guys, I am now the official Tennessee state organizer for Guns Across America.  The event will assemble at the War Memorial across the street from the Capitol Building.  The Right to Life event will be at the Capitol Building, so we will be a totally separate event.  I have confirmed this with the folks at Legislative Plaza.  We are good to go.

I just spent 3 hours on a phone conference with the Guns Across America organizers of the other 49 states, along with the main national organizer, Eric Reed.  This is becoming a well coordinated event.  I have already got a few speakers lined up and I will be reaching out to a few members of Congress tomorrow.  

Edited by Seabeejason