BEAUTIFUL WIFE SHOOTING DRILLS (VIDEO)

Guest lukethetechguy

Thanks for sharing. very nice video.

I have a A/A conversion for my G19 and really enjoy it as well.

She should try shooting with both eyes open. It will most likely help a lot with accuracy after she gets the hang of doing it.

It took me a while but my wife is getting into it as well.

Really nice dueling tree. I have got to get one like that. Edited by swim615

Excellent, wish I had a wife to shoot with! You are a lucky guy (make sure she knows that)!

Yeah what he said.......... atta girl I see someone is training you on the basics.  Need to work a bit more on trigger reset

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Warning: Constructive Criticism Ahead

So... what's the point of the video or subscriptions?  I'm trying to figure out what your angle is here because this video itself just seems like a "Hey come look at this girl shooting a gun".  The target audience for that is what exactly?  Creepy dudes who aren't legally allowed within 100 yards of a real woman?

Even the way you promoted the video seems almost exploitative.

Are you guys going somewhere with this or just hoping to become the next Hickock45?  Why not do something productive and use it as a channel to draw more females into shooting?  This video just seems like simple voyeurism.

• Like 1

open both eyes unless you have a visual impairment that makes it better one-eyed.  In defense you NEED your periphial vision,  and its better for general shooting anyway. 

Not sure what the drill to draw an empty gun and then load it then blast is supposed to be --- I hope she carries the gun ready to go (?)

Looks good other than that.   Speed and confidence come with practice, and you will react as you do in practice, so keep up the good work!

Another idea --- practice with your purse on the shoulder.  Its aggravating and you should get a feel for what that is like.

Edited by Jonnin
Guest lukethetechguy

The "Point" of this video David is that my wife and I LOVE shooting together and LOVE putting up our fun outings on Youtube. I KNOW for a fact that a lot of people enjoy our videos and we've had a lot of woman we know personally and via the internet get into the sport through watching our videos.  We do it because we LOVE doing it. We plan to do review videos and LOTS more.  As we get the time and money.  Its about what makes you happy.

Thanks

• Administrator

The "Point" of this video David is that my wife and I LOVE shooting together and LOVE putting up our fun outings on Youtube. I KNOW for a fact that a lot of people enjoy our videos and we've had a lot of woman we know personally and via the internet get into the sport through watching our videos.  We do it because we LOVE doing it. We plan to do review videos and LOTS more.  As we get the time and money.  Its about what makes you happy.

Thanks

Don't post a video if you don't want feedback.  And don't package it the way you did here (aka "Beautiful wife shooting drills (video)") and not expect the trolls on Arfcom to come out to play.

If all you're after is putting up videos of you guys doing something you enjoy doing, more power to you.  People put videos of their cats playing in paper bags on Youtube for the same reason.  At least this video had guns.

• Administrator

She can't wear them anymore,  MS is slow & steady.  But she does practice her draw & fire with the purse on. 

Don't be that guy.  Don't talk about shooting with a purse and then try to make me feel bad when I call you out about shooting in heels.  It doesn't work.  Now I'm going to have to insist that your wife punish you for this by taking a picture of you wearing heels and a purse.

Guest lukethetechguy

I expect feedback.  Thats understandable, but its sad that so many people misrepresent the shooting sports by being COMPLETE A Holes.  Im sure its just the internet and people don't give a Sh**, but still it looks bad on our industry and I'd hate for someone new to the sport and lifestyle to come by one of these sites and get such abuse by a bunch of dicks.  Thats all im saying.  I expect feedback, and wont apologize for calling my wife beautiful.  Just like calling a cat cute in a video for the purpose of being descriptive. 

• Administrator

I expect feedback.  Thats understandable, but its sad that so many people misrepresent the shooting sports by being COMPLETE A Holes.  Im sure its just the internet and people don't give a Sh**, but still it looks bad on our industry and I'd hate for someone new to the sport and lifestyle to come by one of these sites and get such abuse by a bunch of dicks.  Thats all im saying.  I expect feedback, and wont apologize for calling my wife beautiful.  Just like calling a cat cute in a video for the purpose of being descriptive. 

Wow dude, you're new here so I don't think you really know enough about TGO to call any of us assholes.  You can call me that if you want, but that just suggests you really don't want constructive criticism and just want subscribers to your video feed.  That's cool - I get it.  Nothing wrong with that.

My suggestion stands, though.  If you really want to do something for the "industry" and care about the "shooting sports" then maybe leverage the popularity of the videos to do more than just feature your wife shooting a gun.  Maybe use it as a podium to reach out to the women out there who think it's not for them, or that guns are the domain of men, or that guns are just scary and bad.  Sure, you're still going to get the 12 year old morons from Arfcom who live in their parents' basement and watch your videos because OMFG IT'S A REAL GIRL WITH A GUN!!!1 but you're also going to be reaching out past that pasty-white demographic and hitting the mark with people who need to be swayed.

I have confidence that you've acquired the MW3 players and lecherous old dudes as repeat audience members.  Shoot past that.  :)

David I think what we may have here is a difference in the new generations way of thinking and some of us older folks ideas.  I have never and would never post anything on youtube, but for todays youth it is almost a given.  They facebook tweet and twitter among other stuff. I would also dare to suggest that when he titled it the way he did that he was just very much complementing his wife my calling her "beautiful" just my .02

• Like 3
Guest lukethetechguy

David, 

Not calling anyone specific an A hole.  I love polite criticism and tips. Thats how you learn. I Just don't take any crap from guys who are dicks about it, especially when its about my Wife. Yah know what I'm saying.  Also,  Take a look at my channel buddy.  Got lots of videos that are more than my wife shooting.  

http://www.youtube.com/user/lukethetechguy?feature=mhee

• Administrator

Yeah, I looked and I Googled.  You guys are endeavoring to be "professional vloggers" (video bloggers) and shooting is kind of the latest thing for you all.  If you're not looking for crap from people, the Internet is the wrong place for it.  A lot of us here have learned to keep our family out of the eye of the Internet for various reasons that you're probably not considering while you try to establish yourselves as YouTube celebrities.

Be careful with that.

• Like 1

I thought the video was OK. I would like to see her shoot with both eyes open. Just one question. Why was she taught (I assume) to reach for her throat every time she draws her weapon? Am I missing something?

Dave S

• Administrator

I thought the video was OK. I would like to see her shoot with both eyes open. Just one question. Why was she taught (I assume) to reach for her throat every time she draws her weapon? Am I missing something?

Dave S

I've seen it taught in classes. Basic idea is to keep your weak hand away tucked in close and away from the firearm during the initial draw, bringing them together at the chest and punching out together.

The instructors who innovated that to begin with have started moving away from that and teaching "natural movement" where your weak hand meets your strong hand down near the belt where the firearm is being drawn from, and punching out together from there.  It's funny how you can kind of spot "tiers" in the instructor world by seeing who is still teaching concepts that the top tier instructors maybe taught a few years ago and have since moved away from while they continue to innovate.

The lower tiers of instructors kind of lag behind the times by a year or two it seems.

Anyway, you asked and that's why.

• Like 1

I've seen it taught in classes. Basic idea is to keep your weak hand away tucked in close and away from the firearm during the initial draw, bringing them together at the chest and punching out together.

The instructors who innovated that to begin with have started moving away from that and teaching "natural movement" where your weak hand meets your strong hand down near the belt where the firearm is being drawn from, and punching out together from there.  It's funny how you can kind of spot "tiers" in the instructor world by seeing who is still teaching concepts that the top tier instructors maybe taught a few years ago and have since moved away from while they continue to innovate.

The lower tiers of instructors kind of lag behind the times by a year or two it seems.

Anyway, you asked and that's why.

OK  Dave thanks. I guess different instructors teach different things. I've not seen that before....why I asked.

Dave S