Anyone use dollar shave club?

Sam1

I plan on using the blades that come with it to get used to it then switching to the feathers I have heard those are great to shave with the grain with one pass and be done but you have to be careful.

I found the feathers too agressive, but YMMV. 

• Like 1

I bought a safey razor last time I was headed overseas since it's a pain to fly with a straight razor these days. I end up using it far more than my straight razor now and it only costs around $10 a year for blades.

Razor

Blades

6968653915_a2a743e10b.jpg

Had no idea blades were that cheap, if these dollar shavethings are no good, i'll ddefinitely try out something like that

Had no idea blades were that cheap, if these dollar shavethings are no good, i'll ddefinitely try out something like that

It does depend on the blades, my two favorites are Polsilver Super Iridiums about $35.00 per 100 and Astra SP from $9 to $15 per 100. Feathers give a good shave sharp as he**, but for me don't last as long and you really have to use a light touch. 

Got my stuff in yesterday and tried them out, they are some pretty *****'n good razors. Someone pointed out that these guys just resell Dorco razors, so I'll be cancelling the subscription and getting a cache from here at a much lower price.

http://www.dorcousa.com/

If you're looking to save some $ over the Gillette or whoevers stuff, the 4 blade razor was much better and $20 for 24 razors ($16 savings over that club thing too)

thanks for posting this I started researching a little and ordered that razor. I hate shaving, using a safety razor might change my mind on that.

just shaved with that Edwin jagger razor. I was ultra careful didn't even nick myself. it took some getting used too but that was pretty rewarding. it was by far the closest shave I have done.

I went through a few cartridge razors, including the Mach 3, and got tired of the expense.  Just as an experiment, I decided to break out an old safety razor I had that belonged to someone a couple of generations back in the family.  This one has numbers up to 9 around the neck - it is adjustable (but I usually just keep it on '9'.)  To my surprise, not only are the blades cheaper (I get them at Wally World for about $2.XX for ten blades) but they actually give me a better shave.  As a bonus, they don't irritate my skin the way the Mach 3 or other, multi-blade cartridge razors sometimes did.

Eventually, I stopped using canned shaving cream, too.  I now use a shaving mug with shaving soap in it, a brush and that safety razor and am pretty pleased.  I generally place a hot, wet washcloth over my face for a few seconds before soaping up and find that improves the shave even more.  I don't always shave my whole face - I generally keep some type of beard at least in the Winter months - but I at least keep my neck shaved and often keep my beard 'shaped up'.

Edited by JAB

Edwin Jagger here with Wilkinson blades  ordered bulk off amazon

and as I just keep my edges clean during the winter or a "Mark McGuire" look in the summer 

100 blades should last me about 2 years

after I tried the DE I wondered why I wasted all those years and $$$ on cartridges I actually enjoy shaving now

John