State of the Union

I will give Obama credit on one thing and that is his call for better preperation for work right out of high school.  There is no reason we can't work with colleges and private business to provide better education opportunities in high school.  Not everyone will take advantage of them, but I think that concept is pretty hard to argue with.

This is a State issue, not a FED issue.

I agree, I enjoyed the vocational part of school more than anything and for someone who is not interested in college this a great opportunity to learn a skill in the last 3 years of HS. BUT, BHO and the federal gov. should leave these decidisons up to the States and not dictating what the states should do. 

Rand Paul here -  http://static.teapartyexpress.org/

Edited by kieefer
  • Like 2

This is a State issue, not a FED issue.

I agree, I enjoyed the vocational part of school more than anything and for someone who is not interested in college this a great opportunity to learn a skill in the last 3 years of HS. BUT, BHO and the federal gov. should leave these decidisons up to the States and not dictating what the states should do.

I don't really have a problem with that but I won't hold it against him for proposing it as I think it is a good idea.  We complain a lot about not showing any leadership and in this case, I will give credit where credit is due.  How it gets implemented I don't really care.  That's not one of my hot button topics.

Edited by Hozzie

I don't really have a problem with that but I won't hold it against him for proposing it as I think it is a good idea.  We complain a lot about not showing any leadership and in this case, I will give credit where credit is due.  How it gets implemented I don't really care.  That's not one of my hot button topics.

I'm not giving him credit for anything except for record numbers in gun sales.

• Like 6

I thought the pres, vice pres, and speaker were not suposed to be at the state of the union. Maybe I'm wrong and haven't noticed it from the other state of unions but it seems like I was told it was so if somebody set off a bomb or something it wouldn't kill them all.

To be honest if Beohner wasn't there I wouldn't loose any sleep over the others on stage. I could probably let him go as colateral damage though.

Watching recorded SOU. seems very forced and the room is divided. Too divided. I know some will say I'm a commi pinko faggot tree- hugging liberal, but I'd love to see everyone on the same page. I don't care what page it is at this point because we will know when we are there.

Watching recorded SOU. seems very forced and the room is divided. Too divided. I know some will say I'm a commi pinko faggot tree- hugging liberal, but I'd love to see everyone on the same page. I don't care what page it is at this point because we will know when we are there.

I don't necessarily agree with you but I get where your coming from.

I've thought in the past that if BHO is going to destroy this country, lets go ahead and get it over with. At least that way we can get started rebuilding. Instead it's like a slow death that will take many painful years to do and we all have to live in it. It's kind of like when you have a old horse with a broken leg, you go ahead and kill him to ease the suffering.

Ain't gonna happen

I care what page we are on. I'll take a divided, grid-locked congress over one unified on the wrong page any day. As bad as it is right now, it could be worse. Grid lock is necessary right now
  • Like 4

IMHO we've been gridlocked since the Clinton scandal. I'm over all of them. They all bicker in public and are best buddies at work. They're all the same.

I'll second that. Th best thing we could do is vote all of them out. A fresh restart, some term limits, and an American public that uses there brain for more than E! News and ordering a pizza should have us back on course.
  • Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils

IMHO we've been gridlocked since the Clinton scandal. I'm over all of them. They all bicker in public and are best buddies at work. They're all the same.

I'll second that. Th best thing we could do is vote all of them out. A fresh restart, some term limits, and an American public that uses there brain for more than E! News and ordering a pizza should have us back on course.

Gridlock is the ideal state of affairs. Anytime they get consensus in washington, they just pass some new stupid monstrosity. If we replace them it should be with an idea toward increasing the gridlock, not diminishing it.

edit: No I didn't watch the dam speech and if they talk about it too much the next couple of days on the radio I'm gonna turn off the radio and listen to surf music on the ipod.

Edited by Lester Weevils

It's riddle throughout history how to change government. Kill the economy and replace the government with a brutal dictator

run version of tyranny. Happened in Russia, Germany, China and many others, mostly in the name of peaceful coexistence,

replaced by a brutal dictatorship to keep people in their place. That barrel of a gun era is on the way, and it may be too late

if we aren't prepared to fight for our freedom.