Bangor Maine Newspaper Requests Names, Addresses of CWP Holders!

Guest RobThatsMe

Guest RobThatsMe

I just received news today from the Sportsmans Alliance of Maine, that the Bangor Daily Newspaper has requested from the State Police Chief, the names addresses, and DOB of all Concealed Carry Weapon Holders.  This will include anyone who has a non-resident permit.

If this effects you, I strongly suggest that you write the Maine Representatives and Legislators voicing your opinion.

You should also contact the Bangor Daily News and voice your concerns.

I tried to paste the original e-mail and copy of the Newspaper request here, but I was unable to.

Here is a link for more information.

https://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/14/politics/gop-legislators-attack-bdn-for-requesting-gun-permit-holder-data/

Rob

The Memphis Commercial Appeal has all that information, you know?

They have chosen not to show the street address anymore, but they can if they want to.

They could also release a map if they chose to, just like the paper published in NYS.

Btw, CA renewed its subscription to the database, it's current again as per 12/2/12, must be offered quarterly or something.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest RobThatsMe

The thing that gets me that these people also want the Dates of Birth of all the CWP Holders.

They trying to see what the age of legal citizen CWP Holders are for what???   hmmmmmmm.

The thing that gets me that these people also want the Dates of Birth of all the CWP Holders.

They trying to see what the age of legal citizen CWP Holders are for what???   hmmmmmmm.

CA's TN database shows year of birth now instead of exact date.

When they first published it, had exact date and exact street address, now just town and zip.

You can also still get the entire listing in alphabetical order by last name with just one click. 377, 776 of them. At least you can't save it with one click.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/14/news/state/editors-note-bdns-request-for-information-on-concealed-weapons-permits/?ref=relatedSidebar

I call BS on that. Was raised in that state and very familiar with their spewing anti-gun rants and diatribes. The DOB request is to collate a series of cases for anti-gun stories correlating domestic violence, crime and other "convenient coincidents".

Southern Maine is considered Northern Massachusetts by the rest of the state which is very pro second amendment.

Read the comments below this "letter of explanation". Edited by Currently
Guest RobThatsMe

UPDATE:  The Bangor Daily News Rescinds its Request for CWP Holder Information!

I just received news from SAM, Sportsmens Alliance of Maine, that the Bangor Daily News has rescinded their request for Carry Permit Holder Information.  Good News!

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Bangor-newspaper-rescinds-request-for-names-of-concealed-gun-permit-holders.html?pageType=mobile&id=1

From the horses mouth .... They went too far and got their hand slapped!

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/15/news/state/editors-note-bdn-rescinds-request-for-records-of-concealed-weapon-permit-holders/

Now the governor who is one of the most conservative republicans to get that office is locking it down ... YEAH!
Check out his picture ... look what he's holding in his hand! :lmao:

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/15/politics/lepage-seeks-emergency-block-on-release-of-concealed-weapons-permit-holders-info/ Edited by Currently