AR 15 postings

knox

I see ARs sitting longer online these days than what they did a short time ago. I am happy about this because people don't seem to want to pay $400 over retail to these scalpers.

I visit Arms List several times a day and see the rifles sitting idle for days and even weeks.

If I found a reasonably priced quality AR I would buy it. But it appears others like me are not going to reward price gouging any longer.

Maybe the private market is finally saturated ? Either that or the consumer would rather stay on a wait list and pay retail than be raked over the coals for a $900 AR...
Yeah, as predicted several weeks ago when the first $2,000 Bushmaster went on sale. I get a tickle going on Armslist and see ads which pretty much berate the prospective buyers for why the rifle is still available. My guess is everyone that was so ill informed as to pay those prices has already bought one and the rest of us are sitting around waiting for supply to catch up.

I see STAGs listed for $1300 - $1400 all the time - even here.  Then you start to see the inevitable price dropping to see what they can get out of it. 

Retail Model 1 and model 2 on website - about $950.  Model 3 - $895.

Don't get me wrong - these people can list for whatever they want, and I support free market economy.  But as a consumer, I am simply not going to give someone $400 as a middle man.   

I would buy a STAG at $100, but that's my top price.  Otherwise, I have been 44 years without an AR, I can wait a little while longer.

Just had an opportunity to purchase a Double Star A2 at $850 and turned it down. If it had been a detachable carry handle I'd have probably been all over it. I ain't paying these prices either, it will be fun to watch folks try and unload rifles that simply aren't worth the price they paid or are asking.

I do think this is a good sign in regard to demand. Right now the problem is supply, but a contributing factor in that was the folks who were buying stores out of ARs so they could turn around and sell them for jacked up prices; unless there is another reason for the sudden spike in NIB AR rifles immediately following the panic, along with stories of guys buying 5 or 6 ARs at a time. Well, I don't think there are those type of people buying any more because they won't profit from their douchebaggery, so all that's left are folks who realized this panic happened and they hadn't bought an AR yet. I think we'll see supplies return to normal now that demand is down somewhat. Ammo is another thing; I think we're all screwed on that one.

And how about those who bump their grossly over-priced ads on a daily basis, or even multiple times daily? :taser:

Man I've been holding back flames on this for weeks. We see your thread, it's overpriced, stop bumping it!!!!

I saw a DPMS 5.56 with FDE magpul furniture today at the gun show for a bargain $2500. I thought, "that was soo 3 weeks ago" Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 3

What I can't believe is all those that sat on the fence about black rifles. Then it took a tragedy to happen and our Government to over react to it to decide they want one NOW !  Everyone rushed to get one in that period.This happened the last time he got elected. History repeats itself.

Some have and were prepared for it. So what if they made some money on their investments. I already have someone I know that paid $3500.00 for a $1200.00 rifle during the December/January period that is already freaking out.. Those with their overpriced items are late to the dance unless they have some certain types of ammo. The gougers have always been there when a shortage pops up. It usually coincides with ammo not being available to purchase on line. Then it disappears in stores. Starting the panic.

Some AR parts were hard to find before this crisis. From every person I know in the business they are not looking for any of this to get better before the start of the new year (2014). This is mainly to due with ammo supply issues. Most rifles that I have seen the past week have been MSRP to plus a few hundred over. We will not see the $315.00 1000 rd case of 5.56 we had in November for a long while.

It is here to stay for a while I'm afraid.

Edited by R1100R

What I can't believe is all those that sat on the fence about black rifles. Then it took a tragedy to happen and our Government to over react to it to decide they want one NOW !  Everyone rushed to get one in that period.This happened the last time he got elected. History repeats itself.

That is for sure. I was one of those dummies who wasn't prepared. One thing is for certain, that will not happen again. Had I just kept what I had, instead of selling off some stuff to fund my new house, I wouldn't have found myself in such a position. In the future, I'll be keeping what I have and taking the time to save the money.

Out of curosity, check Colt 6920 on gunbroker this evening.  Anywhere from $1600 to $1800 with free shipping.  I think Walmart's price is around $1097, + tax = $1,205 before TICS.  So if $1600 is the rate, that is only 25% premium.  That is far cry from what was occuring the week after Christmas.  I believe Colt 6920 were close to $2200-$2500+ those few weeks.