Colt Pythons

.357SIG

There are 4 for sale for $900 from Nashville on gun owners club . com. One is a 8" stainless and the other three are 6" blued or stainless i think. These are the first ones that I have seen without a four figure price tag in a while

These are not mine and I do not know the seller I was just trying to pass this info along to fellow TGOer's.

Edited by .357SIG

It seemed legit and I was just trying to pass it along.

There was another one that I saw yesterday that they were asking $3,500 for NIB 6" Stainless and that is the highest I have ever seen asked for one.

Pythons seem to be a favorite of the scammers on GOC. They take a pic off of Gunbroker or Armslist, copy the text of the ad, and place the same ad on boards all across the country. The owner of GOC takes them down as soon as they are reported.

If in doubt, take a bit of the ad and Google the words. Most time they show up word for word in several places around the country.

For fun, pm the guy and say you are interested. He will more than likely tell you to send him the money and he will mail it directly to you.

Scam. In the past I sent some of them emails with the usual questions about condition,some different pics, and where can I see it in person and finalize the sell.

The answer is always that they are in some far off state and can only ship. With answers that are no where near complete sentences and don't make no since at all.

If it looks to good to be true and smells bad, it is to good to be true.

Thanks for trying to hook a guy up.

On a side note I am in the market for a Python if anyone is interested in doing some trading for it let me know.

On another side note if anyone is just looking to throw away some cash I have a empty trash can.

Scam. In the past I sent some of them emails with the usual questions about condition,some different pics, and where can I see it in person and finalize the sell.

The answer is always that they are in some far off state and can only ship. With answers that are no where near complete sentences and don't make no since at all.

If it looks to good to be true and smells bad, it is to good to be true.

Thanks for trying to hook a guy up.

On a side note I am in the market for a Python if anyone is interested in doing some trading for it let me know.

On another side note if anyone is just looking to throw away some cash I have a empty trash can.

This is pretty much what I encountered last year. I was trying to buy a Colt 9mm AR. But every email and response had some line that we couldn't meet on such date for a ftf, just send money and I'd get it shipped to me. And as you said, the wording and grammer really set me off. I actually finally got a phone number and it turned out the "seller" was in Ohio at the time, or said that. The orginal ad had him in Clarksville. Then he told me he was active military on detached duty and would have to get his ffl to handle the transaction for him.

It all just got to wacky for me, and I let it all go. I did get several emails requesting my address for shipping. I ignored those.

Edited by hipower