1 Sig 716 at Bass Pro

JohnC

$2099 for a sig716 seems high. For $200 more, I picked up a sig556 plus a sig400 over last 10 days. The glut appears to be breaking up.

Edit, I was thinking 516. BPS price on 716 confirms glut comment.

Ps: last night, academy in chattenooga had 2 SA m1a for $1600. Edited by wareagle

$2099 for a sig716 seems high. For $200 more, I picked up a sig556 plus a sig400 over last 10 days. The glut appears to be breaking up.

Ps: last night, academy in chattenooga had 2 SA m1a for $1600.

Also seems a little high for the m1a. Bought mine in November for $1200. Granted that was in GA, but $1600 sounds high since the TN prices were about the same. Unless it was one of the fancier models?

Ps: last night, academy in chattenooga had 2 SA m1a for $1600.

I don't know. I've never seen a price below $1700 for a 716, pre or post hysteria. I paid $1899 for mine last fall and felt like I got a great deal on it. Wish I still had it.

I paid $1999.97 + TN tax and background for my ODG Sig 716 at Specialty Arms II and that day there were guys standing in line waiting an hour and a half for their background checks to come back because so many people were buying guns. I was the last to leave that gun shop and it was after their closing hours it took so long.

But hey, just giving folks a heads up that might have been searching for a new 308 AR. Don't care if folks think it is a deal or not. But It seemed pretty reasonable to me for the times because a lot of gun shops are price gouging now. Trust me, I seen a lot of over priced AR's lately and this one is still slightly under Sig's MSRP.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig716-patrol.aspx

Anyway, if it didn't sale tonight, better get there asap in the morning because on a Saturday after a payday (15th), I don't see it lasting long on the shelf.  :up:

I paid $1999.97 + TN tax and background for my ODG Sig 716 at Specialty Arms II and that day there were guys standing in line waiting an hour and a half for their background checks to come back because so many people were buying guns. I was the last to leave that gun shop and it was after their closing hours it took so long.

But hey, just giving folks a heads up that might have been searching for a new 308 AR. Don't care if folks think it is a deal or not. But It seemed pretty reasonable to me for the times because a lot of gun shops are price gouging now. Trust me, I seen a lot of over priced AR's lately and this one is still slightly under Sig's MSRP.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig716-patrol.aspx

Anyway, if it didn't sale tonight, better get there asap in the morning because on a Saturday after a payday (15th), I don't see it lasting long on the shelf. :up:

True that. If I had the cash, I'd pick it up. It was a hard decision for me last year ... M1A v 716 but went with the M1A. Haven't regretted it at all. Wouldn't mind picking up some of that ammo also ... but alas, out of the state right now. Thanks for the heads up though! Passed the availability on to some of my buds that aren't the forum. Edited by npgunner

My how things change.

I asked no more than 6 months ago about AR's and they said they would never sell anything tactical like that. A month or two later they started selling AR accessories and now the rifles themselves.

Glad to see it.

Dolomite

Are you talking about bass pro? The last time I was in the one here they had SW and BM ARs and that had to at least be a year ago. I even bought PMAG. I don't really care for BP I go about every other year so I know it wasn't recently.

Bass Pro is like gander in that they are a good place to go look, fondle, and caress guns you might want to buy.  After you figure out what you want you go somewhere else to get it.  Unlike gander we actually try to spend some small ticket money at Bass Pro because they have so much that my little tyke likes.  Looking at their stuff gets her excited about animals, shooting, hiking, camping, etc.  We also appreciate all the Christmas stuff they do for kids.  

This Sunday we went to Nashvegas to do a trade with a TGO member (for a new to me SR9C YAY!) at Bass Pro and ended up staying a couple hours while the little one climbed in and out of the boats learned about how they work, stared at the bears, and attempted to find all the fish in the aquarium.  We made sure to spend a few bucks and left.  She had a great time.  

Edited by Will H

Bass Pro is like gander in that they are a good place to go look, fondle, and caress guns you might want to buy.  After you figure out what you want you go somewhere else to get it.  Unlike gander we actually try to spend some small ticket money at Bass Pro because they have so much that my little tyke likes.  Looking at their stuff gets her excited about animals, shooting, hiking, camping, etc.  We also appreciate all the Christmas stuff they do for kids.  

This Sunday we went to Nashvegas

Exactly. Kid in a candy store, hard to leave without buying something.