Curio and Relic FFL

When mailing it to the Nashville Chief of Police, Do I need to actually put Chief Serpas's name on the envelope or just Metro Nashville Police Department? Should I put on the envelope that it is a Curio & Relic FFL application?

The CLEO doesn’t need to approve the application; it is just a courtesy from the ATF. It also gives your CLEO the opportunity to let them know if you are a nut case. :bat:

Mail it here, and you are done. (If you live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName>Davidson</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>County</st1:PlaceType>)

Chief of Police

Metropolitan Nashville Police Department

200 James Robertson Parkway

Post Office Box 196399

Nashville, TN 37219-6399

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped my 2 apps at the post office this morning on the way to the gun show.

Does anyone with this license get a discount on ammo anywhere. My cousin talked with a guy from Lawrenceburg, TN that told him he got a big discount on ammo somewhere but I don't know where that is. I hope that he can find that out or that one of you guys can tell me.

Guest bkelm18
In the "Total Application Fees" section is $30, correct?

Correct.

I dropped my 2 apps at the post office this morning on the way to the gun show.

Does anyone with this license get a discount on ammo anywhere. My cousin talked with a guy from Lawrenceburg, TN that told him he got a big discount on ammo somewhere but I don't know where that is. I hope that he can find that out or that one of you guys can tell me.

MidwayUSA.

My cousin talked with a guy from Lawrenceburg, TN that told him he got a big discount on ammo somewhere but I don't know where that is. I hope that he can find that out or that one of you guys can tell me.

MidWayUSA has great pricing on most stuff once you get a copy of your C&R to them. I deal with them almost exclusively as their prices are the best I have found. But their ammo prices aren’t anything to brag about; I have not found ammo on-line anywhere any cheaper than I can find it locally.

But if you find out where this place is; come back and let us know.

I just heard from my cousin tonight who has an in-law with a C&G FFL and he says he gets some good discounts on ammo from a place called J & G Sales. I have the link below. I just sent for my C&R FFL so I'll wait til I get it before trying them for ammo discounts. Let me know if any of you contact them and get a discount on ammo.

http://www.jgsales.com

Guest jth_3s

Are there any fingerprints involved in the License and after you mail it how do you get the license? Does the ATF have to interview you or anything or do they just mail you your C&R FFL and thats it?

Are there any fingerprints involved in the License and after you mail it how do you get the license? Does the ATF have to interview you or anything or do they just mail you your C&R FFL and thats it?

No fingerprints, No interviews. This is not a license to be a dealer, so they just send it to you.

Did I screw up? Well, I know I did, but not sure if it's really going to matter.

When filling out the application (that I already sent to the BATFE), I accidentally wrote down the Sumner County Sheriff (Bob Barker), instead of Chief Deputy Sonny Weatherford. I wrote it correctly on the copy I sent to the Chief.

Does anyone think this is going to matter?

Guest bkelm18
Shows what I know. Then I did it wrong on the CLEO copy. I can change that before I send it.

All fixed.

Thanks!

It wont matter. I mailed mine to my city police chief before I knew that it was supposed to go to the sheriff. I still got my license.

Guest bkelm18
How long does it usually take to get the license after it's sent off?

Hmm, I think I got mine in 3 or 4 weeks this past January.

I was told that in order to know who to send the app. to answer this question. Who comes if you call 911. If it is the Sherriff's Department then mail it to him or if the Police Department comes then mail it to the Chief of Police. I'm in Nashville so I mailed mine to the COP. According to bkelm18 it won't matter anyway. That's good enough for me.

All this talk about the C&R license has got me interested. There are a couple of C&R firearms I am interested in. I did not realize that the license was this simple to get. I just requested ATF to send me an application, as well. I also like the idea of getting dealer discounts. :D

Guest tlondon

when I sent my app off I recieved the my FFL in 3 weeks to the day. Pretty fast for the government. I like it. When you get it check out a place called southern ohio gun. they are a supplier only so you have to set up an account with them. They have alot of C&R guns and have good prices on the other items they sell. They dont have a real big selection of ammo but what they do have is pretty cheap.