Chicago

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

So I'm sitting here in my hotel room, 23rd floor. Everything is expensive. I was in the deli/market down in the lobby, everything was expensive. For those smokers, a pack of cigs was $9.00!

photo072008001wi0.jpg

photo072008003tw4.jpg

photo072008005ge6.jpg

The view out my window

photo072008006sp4.jpg

photo072008010sn5.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

OHare, American Eagle, one of those 1 row, aisle and 2 rows of seat jets. I was on the window and nobody sitting by me, it was great. Cost $50 round trip for the van ride from the airport to the hotel and back.

Guest db99wj
Eat lots of pizza while you're there and report back to us who has the best.

BTW, don't take your pistol up to the Sears Tower observation deck like the woman from Memphis did. :wave:

Oh yea, I forgot about that! Yes, I'm a little "nekkid" in that respect. Don't like it but the comunist rule here.:D

Pizza places, where are the best places, I will ask some locals, my instructors and classmates, where to go. Anybody here have suggestions?

Edited by db99wj
Oh yea, I forgot about that! Yes, I'm a little "nekkid" in that respect. Don't like it but the comunist rule here.:D

Pizza places, where are the best places, I will ask some locals, my instructors and classmates, where to go. Anybody here have suggestions?

The food is the only part of Chicago I miss.

Pizza Place to check out;

Uno's (Pizzeria Uno)

Lou Malnati's

Giordano's

Geno's

If you make it to Warrenville, Il (S/W Burbs), I'll pay top dollar for a couple sausage, mushroom and onoin pizzas. My sister usually brings some on the flight down here, but it's been a while. Killer thincrust.

Guest GUTTERbOY
OHare, American Eagle, one of those 1 row, aisle and 2 rows of seat jets. I was on the window and nobody sitting by me, it was great. Cost $50 round trip for the van ride from the airport to the hotel and back.

That was an Embraer ERJ. I flew on one of those last year and liked it, mostly because of the ability to get myself a seat where it was impossible to have a neighbor. Only downside was that I couldn't stand up straight in the thing, but that's only a concern two times per flight :D

I'm such a geek. When I plan trips on Travelocity, I shop flights by what sort of aircraft I get to fly in.

"Oooh, a 757... I haven't flown in one of those! And a turboprop connection, too! This one's for me!"

Yeah, I'm a little bizarre.

Guest Lefty

Head over to the Art Institute of Chicago where they have an impressive history of arms, from full suits of armor to insanely ornate firearms in a room called the Armory.

Head over to the Art Institute of Chicago where they have an impressive history of arms, from full suits of armor to insanely ornate firearms in a room called the Armory.

+1

OK, I take back my previous statement. Not only do I miss the food in Chicago, but the museums are also a huge plus.

The Museum of Science and Industry, Art Institute of Chicago, Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, and the ever famous Shedd Aquarium are all "must see" attractions while visiting the Chicagoland area. I do miss those.

Aside from the gun thing I love Chicago. What a great place to spend some time.

Never a shortage of things to do. And there are major league sports. God how I miss major league sports. I did not think I would miss it all that much when we moved here but it sucks.

Go to the Rush Street area, no shortage of eateries and night life there.

Guest db99wj

Ok. First I am in an appraisal class from 8 to 5.

Ate at Billy Goat Tavern, had a Hamborger. It was good.

After class, me and another guy from Nebraska, who just bought a Glock 23, a day before he came here, went to Wrigley Field. No game, but he has never been there. We then went to the Miracle Mile, we walked it in about 15 minutes, no Bass Pro or Cablea's anywhere to be found:screwy:, anyway, we went to the Navy Pier, and yes the scenary was well great. It was around 80 degrees, nice breeze and ate at Dicks Last Resort. Walked about 5 miles.

On the River walk area there was a POW-MIA tribute area, I have a picture below. And some other random pics. I really ought to bring my real digi cam.:tinfoil:

photo072108013as7.jpg

photo072108012jt6.jpg

photo072108002ax9.jpg

photo072108010zx2.jpg

photo072108007ks8.jpg

photo072108009da7.jpg

Hard to tell, but the boat err umm Yacht, has a helicopter on top.

photo072108006ce0.jpg

My feet hurt, fun night, past my bedtime!

Guest db99wj
So when should we watch for you on Springer?

I'm on after the Arkansas midget baby daddy reunion.

Nothing much to report today, getting ready to study, the people here, well they are in their own little world, walking oblivious to the world around them, listening to their ipods and in a damn hurry:screwy: Nice scenery though.

Guest db99wj

Nothing much to report from Obama Land, err Chicago land, but I am eating a deep dish stuffed pizza from Giordano's pizza. Even the locals recommended them, and they deliver. I got mine stuffed with Pepparoni and mushrooms, and of course it is full of cheese, very tasty!

pizzayp4.jpg