"Infidel" tattooed Disabled Vet Forced to Leave Florida Skydive Center After Muslims Complain

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Is it based on your own imagination or drawing or did you find some artwork?

I've been looking myself.

I'll post some pics when it's finished.  We got all of the lining done, and there was a lot of lining.  3 hrs worth of lining and another 1.5 hrs of shading this past Friday.  Got half of it shaded, and have two more sessions scheduled to finish shading and add color, and lastly do any needed touch-up and highlights.

But yeah, it's pretty bad ass right now even though it's grayscale and some bruising.  :)

• Administrator

Is it based on your own imagination or drawing or did you find some artwork?

I've been looking myself.

I've been working with my tattoo artist for several years now, so I just gave him a bunch of imagery to use as creative fuel, and a theme, and let him run wild with his own imagination.  I've found that if you trust your artist, you get the best results if you give them creative control.  My guy has never let me down.  We may tweak a few things on paper before putting needle to skin, but he's always been well within the 10-ring every time he's come back to me with concept art.

I wish I had joined the military. I had always wanted to when I was growing up, did the ROTC thing in high school, and joined some pre enlistment thing with the Marine Corps. I started a business as soon as I was 18 and by the time I sold it I had a wife and kid... With the current situations at hand, be it economic uncertainty or threats domestic or foreign, I would feel more confident with the training and would feel more entitled to speak about my rights. I feel having served to protect them would have given me validity to talk about them.

That being said I hate how America has come to appear to so many others. They come here because of our "freedom", then complain about it when it's exercised. The same right that allowed them to complain about the tattoo, is the same one that gave him the right to have it. It seems like common sense is getting tossed out the window to try to not seem offensive. I know so many people who do things in order not to seem offensive, like vote for a president so no one can call them racist. I knew a black guy that hated white people, even me. I just figured he'd come around. He wasn't hurting me, he just didn't like me because of the color of my skin. His right (although I think it's wrong) and I couldn't care less.

P.S. Rah Rah, if you're reading this, I hope you came around. You can't always be negative! Lol

I need to stop writing so late at night. When it gets past my bedtime my post just seem weird when I'm tired....

As a vet from a family full of vets (including three generations and counting of females in the Army) I find this puzzling. And I am little bit offended to be honest. We never asked to be put on some pedestal and granted special privileges or rights. We just wanted to do our small part to ensure that everyone, you and me included, gets to enjoy the same rights. Don't ever sell yourself short because you didn't wear a uniform. Without the folks back home working the jobs, keeping the economy going, taking care of our/your families, what is it that vets are fighting for?  :usa:  

I know I have rights as an American, and that's what you guys are protecting, I just feel I didn't do my part. If I had felt I never wanted to enlist, it would be a different story. I just feel I had what it took, I had the mentality, and then just backed out. It like I was given a "gift" I didn't use. Plus I always heard it mean more to you if you've fought for it. I have tons of friends that have served and are serving. They tell me the same stuff, maybe I'm just weird! I just feel if I were speaking up about my rights and someone said, " what did you do to for these rights?" I should have been able to say I've killed or been at risk of being killed to defend them and give them to others. I don't feel everyone should enlist to have them, I just feel I should have done what I could when I had the chance.

This may be coming of odd or more difficult than it is....