Gun budget shot

Guest Major Pain

Guest Major Pain

Well I was at local pawn shop yesterday and came across a Detective Special that I just couldn't pass up. I've been carrying a S&W 642 for last couple of years but have been keeping an eye out for a nice DS. I didn't want one to nice or it might end up in safe, but this one had a little scratch or two on grips and decided it would be my new carry. DS has always been a favorite but a little to pricy to carry until this one came along.--MP

Detectivespecial_0015.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major Pain

I give $400. I have not run across one that looked decent for that. Found a beater that was really rough and about 70 percent blue and they wanted $350, glad I passed on that one and found this.--MP

Guest Major Pain

Most of the pawn shops around here have prices to high. A friend runs this one and has had 3 or 4 Colts lately and priced fair. With the economy the way it is I believe more will be turning up.--MP

Guest Major Pain

The best I remember, I gave $350 new for my S&W 642 so the same for a nice DS didn't seem to bad. I had just put CT laser grips on the 642 but it will be demoted to nightstand gun. Now if they just made CT for this one I'd be happy.--MP

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.