Biden Says Executive Action in Order

Guest semiautots

From what i understand, his most likely course of action via executive order it to be in clarifying the HIPAA laws so that states report more of their mentally disqualified persons.  As it stands many states believe that the HIPAA laws could subject them to punitive action for reporting of some mentally ill people.

Guest 6.8 AR

Executive orders can not create new law. It can only strengthen current law.

Don't kid yourself. We couldn't buy and sell gold in this country for over thirty years because of one.

Executive Orders are executive tyranny. Go look at the EO's and see how they have affected our lives.

It may shock you.

Actually EO's are only supposed to be used as a management tool for the Executive branch and

not intended to make law. It has been abused by both sides.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Hence the clarification to HIPAA laws.  That is actually within his power and authority, and is the only way i can see to legally expand background checks through use of lawfull authority.  If his EO's after sandyhook are any indication they will likely stay within his authority to keep from upsetting the masses and most likely do nothing other than allow him to save face. 

The man may be bad for America but i do not think him or uncle joe are stupid in anyway.  I believe they are calculating enough to understand the potential impact that overreaching will have on the midterm elections.  With 20 democrat seats up for election and about half of those being legitimately a potential loss for democrats.  I believe their true endstate goal here is to maintain and grow their power base.  This is only doable is you portray the Republican led house and the senate minority as the ones who are blocking all legislation from going through and you make them out to be inept and ineffecient. 

As it stands there is a chance that 2014 will see a republican majority in both houses although 6 senate seats is a lot to win back it is doable.  And i dont see republicans loosing to many seats in the house.  Any significant overreaching by the Obama administration would likely show a larger republican turn out at the polls and that is something they must avoid at all costs. 

Guest 6.8 AR

Hence the clarification to HIPAA laws.  That is actually within his power and authority, and is the only way i can see to legally expand background checks through use of lawfull authority.  If his EO's after sandyhook are any indication they will likely stay within his authority to keep from upsetting the masses and most likely do nothing other than allow him to save face. 

The man may be bad for America but i do not think him or uncle joe are stupid in anyway.  I believe they are calculating enough to understand the potential impact that overreaching will have on the midterm elections.  With 20 democrat seats up for election and about half of those being legitimately a potential loss for democrats.  I believe their true endstate goal here is to maintain and grow their power base.  This is only doable is you portray the Republican led house and the senate minority as the ones who are blocking all legislation from going through and you make them out to be inept and ineffecient. 

As it stands there is a chance that 2014 will see a republican majority in both houses although 6 senate seats is a lot to win back it is doable.  And i dont see republicans loosing to many seats in the house.  Any significant overreaching by the Obama administration would likely show a larger republican turn out at the polls and that is something they must avoid at all costs. 

He can't even clarify law. The english language clarifies law, and if a law is constitutionally vague, it should be amended, replaced or struck down. If the english language doesn't clarify a law, that's up to the courts.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Biden needs to STFU. Every time that idiot opens his mouth it makes me more concerned than ever that he's next in line.

I have to disagree.  Biden would be a major improvement.   The only concern with THAT would be his second term, which I would predict has a 75% chance of winning due to the martyr effect.

Guest ThePunisher

I have to disagree.  Biden would be a major improvement.   The only concern with THAT would be his second term, which I would predict has a 75% chance of winning due to the martyr effect.

If you believe Biden would be a major improvement, then in my opinion anyone besides a Libtard Democrat commie would mean we could sleep well at night regarding 2nd Amendment infringement, and our country remaining a Constitutional Republic.

If you believe Biden would be a major improvement, then in my opinion anyone besides a Libtard Democrat commie would mean we could sleep well at night regarding 2nd Amendment infringement, and our country remaining a Constitutional Republic.

Heh.   Improvement does not mean good, great, awesome, etc.  It just means better than something else.   Joe is a white old guy, so he loses the young/minority/etc pass on being an idiot.   Every other sentence he fumbles and makes a fool of himself.   He is incapable of leadership or pushing an agenda, and would be more or less harmless *compared to obama*.    Obama can push an agenda and if you are against him, you are racist or backward or whatever.   It pulls the teeth of the entire administration if they lose the race cards because that is ALL THEY HAVE in the deck.

Guest semiautots

I was thinking more along the lines of what Bush 1 did.  Prevent importation of hi-cap mags and Saiga shotguns.  Cut off spare parts to Uzi's and AK's.  No foreign ammo.  Things like that.