New IDPA Rulebook 7 May

... wanted to try a classifier but was told not to show up.

You're not going to let this one go are ya?  We all know your participation at that club has nothing to do with your injuries.  For the people not familiar with the history, please don't try to make it seem that way.

Edit: typo

Edited by itchytriggerfinger

if it was a total break of the cord. broke/crushed C5,C6 & C7 and as i understand one of them is not complete. having to relearn how to use my arms and hands. lots of work yet to go. wanted to try a classifier but was told not to show up.

I'm so glad you didn't take what I said as a slight. I was just trying to wrap my head around it.

You're not going to let this one go are ya?  We all know your participation at that club has nothing to do with your injuries.  For the people not familiar with the history, please don't try to make it seem that way.

Edit: typo

why would say that,  where did you read that intent. please stop trying to read between the lines.  history? i shot there for more than 10 years. :) lets keep this thread on track

New Rule Book is now posted on the IDPA website.

88 pages total.

On page 57 & 58 the classification times are now different.  The classification times for SSP have been shorten by about 10 seconds making it nearly the same as ESP.  This might be the area that brings the most comments from members.

OH..., and on page 5 they apply the incorrect rank of Colonel to Jeff Cooper.  He was a LtCol, USMCR - - - never got his Eagles.  

• Like 2

New Rule Book is now posted on the IDPA website.

88 pages total.

On page 57 & 58 the classification times are now different.  The classification times for SSP have been shorten by about 10 seconds making it nearly the same as ESP.  This might be the area that brings the most comments from members.

OH..., and on page 5 they apply the incorrect rank of Colonel to Jeff Cooper.  He was a LtCol, USMCR - - - never got his Eagles.  

Max weight on guns 43 oz across all Divisions.  Allowing more mags if your capacity is lower (CDP 8 shot mags 1 in gun 2 on belt, 7 shot mags 1 in gun 3 on belt) Striker Fire guns all in SSP....... I don't see anything ground breaking and that honestly couldn't have been just issued in a pamphlet.

The classification times for SSP have been shorten by about 10 seconds making it nearly the same as ESP.  

So a tricked out 1911 in 9mm making 125.1 PF with all the allowed mods only gains you about 2 seconds worth of advantage over a 90 round course of fire. I forsee alot of new ESP shooters if this stays as is.

• Like 1

At least the round dumping rules are gone

Yup! I never figured out how they could call that anyways. Shooter gets benefit of the doubt and Vickers Scoring lets you shoot as many rounds on target as you want.

I've been shooting those for over a decade.  ;)

http://www.rrmemphis.com/ps-info.html

It's been a few years, but I've shot a couple or three of those at Rangemaster. Excellent matches, imho. :up:

I'm a bit thick on all of this...but it looks like there aren't really any earth shattering changes as I see it.

I plead ignorant if I'm missing something.

Probably not since the trigger doesn't cock the striker like the single action XD

The trigger doesn't cock the striker on an XD. I think you're thinking of Glock. Either way I'm pretty sure he's going to be back in SSP. 

So a tricked out 1911 in 9mm making 125.1 PF with all the allowed mods only gains you about 2 seconds worth of advantage over a 90 round course of fire. I forsee alot of new ESP shooters if this stays as is.

Or maybe its a way to thin out the biggest class at any IDPA match - - - SSP Sharpshooter.

I see a lot of folks becoming "High Marksmen" when in the past they were Sharpshooters in SSP.

Or maybe its a way to thin out the biggest class at any IDPA match - - - SSP Sharpshooter.

I see a lot of folks becoming "High Marksmen" when in the past they were Sharpshooters in SSP.

That brings up another point.... does everyone have to re-classify now?  And what happens if your score would move you down?... since you aren't allowed to move down a class except for special circumstances....

If they were going to mess with the classifier anyway, they should have removed the tac-load/RWR stuff.  It's crazy to discourage "on-the-clock" fool's loads, and then put them on the clock in the classifier. 

Edited by dcloudy777
  • Like 1

I have to admit I am a little, "this took how long?"

And looking at section R9, it appears that we must do all reloads behind cover from a static point? So no moving down a wall (completely in cover) while doing a reload. That is, kind of, dumb.

And, no crossing a doorway or window with an empty gun (R6), or while reloading (R9), after neutralizing all threats within that area. But you could have 1 round left, have engaged all the targets, cross the doorway, and then reload (statically according to R9). Silly. OR you could take a make-up shot and just reload standing pretty far out as you just sliced the pie to the final target and essentially be in the open to 90% of the room and still, technically, be in cover based on R8.

And, finally, if you do a tac load but the mag is empty, you still have to stow it. <sigh>

I have to admit I am a little, "this took how long?"

And looking at section R9, it appears that we must do all reloads behind cover from a static point? So no moving down a wall (completely in cover) while doing a reload. That is, kind of, dumb.

And, no crossing a doorway or window with an empty gun (R6), or while reloading (R9), after neutralizing all threats within that area. But you could have 1 round left, have engaged all the targets, cross the doorway, and then reload (statically according to R9). Silly. OR you could take a make-up shot and just reload standing pretty far out as you just sliced the pie to the final target and essentially be in the open to 90% of the room and still, technically, be in cover based on R8.

And, finally, if you do a tac load but the mag is empty, you still have to stow it. <sigh>

I always did think that was dumb since we were already exposed to those "threats" if they were gonna shoot us they would have when we were busy pumping lead into their friend(s).

Personally I enjoy getting out and shooting IDPA, just to send some rounds down range if nothing else.

Whom ever dreams up some of these scenarios and stages must be having a relapse from their college experimental days...

Actual scenario from memory: You and your small child are at the park sitting at a picnic table (the child is represented by a heavy doll). When several armed bad guys approach you and demand your money and valuable.

You are to grab your gun out of your man-purse on the picnic table, grab your kid (doll) and put two rounds strong hand only in the torso of each bad guy. You are not to drop the kid, you are to use the kid as a shield, shower him / her with hot brass, use kid as a chest rig / body armor and blow his / her ear drums out?

I laughed so hard at the stage description when being read I got the hiccups. Guess it could happen, but certainly not the man-purse thing :rofl: 

Edited by Dennis1209
Guest wickedwanda

If you broke your neck and was paralyzed wouldn't your arms be paralyzed too? 

when a person breaks their neck does not make them paralyzed from the neck down always. there is para and quad. para is 2 limbs quad is 4 limbs. Robert has had an incomplete injury to his spine. He did have trouble with his upper body but he worked very hard to regain some use of it. The lower part of the body is the problem but he has been working very hard to trick out his wheel chair so he can start shooting again. please before you comment on some one having broken their neck find out how bad next time. I am his wife and I saw it happen and I will not let any one beat him down.