First 1911: Ruger or Sig (now with purchased photos!)

Guest Averhoeven

The finishings on the Sig and the fact that I love how it looks resulted in that being the buy (yes, I'm a bit impulsive but its a big tax return present!). The Sig I got is brand spanking new (manufacture date April 2, 2013) too. I appreciate all the input, gave me a few things I didn't know or think about. I think the fact that they should both be great is what made it hard.

When you decide to move, you move quickly. I like your style.

The finishings on the Sig and the fact that I love how it looks resulted in that being the buy (yes, I'm a bit impulsive but its a big tax return present!). The Sig I got is brand spanking new (manufacture date April 2, 2013) too. I appreciate all the input, gave me a few things I didn't know or think about. I think the fact that they should both be great is what made it hard.

Congrats! I am sure you won't be sorry. If you need any help breaking it in just let me know!

Guest Averhoeven

Photos and it did happen. Thanks to Guns for America near 100 Oaks for the transfer (for those who don't know, it's $25 cash including background). Took her to Charlie's range today and I nailed the 1" bullseye on my first shot... I couldn't replicate it consistently later, but I was happy at the time!

Sig 1911 2-Tone Traditional Match (brand new today!)
8718329655_21b91a2628.jpg
8718329673_3468830431.jpg
8718329685_3165863ea7.jpg
8719447150_d6a250bba4.jpg

The only thing I dislike is that the slide catch is oddly a different and slightly not matching color from all the other parts.

Edited by Averhoeven
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to your post i just bought a sig c3 two tone and wanted a sr1911 commander but found the c3 for the same price as the ruger. Like the sig far more than the ruger. I have friends that have the ruger and i know of one that has ordered a sig . Check out big deezs guns in arizona they have great prices.

May I ask why you pushed the Commander? I'm tending towards a full size for the home and fun. I have my PPS to carry.

So you think I should go with a Springfield? To be honest, just wasn't seeing a Colt that I liked the aesthetics of. In addition, I've heard of Colts as great starting platforms that don't really show their pluses until after some work.

Colt 1911's are a bit more plain-jane compared to some of the other brands (even their fit & finish is often lacking) but they tend to work & shoot extremely well, I've owned a multitude of various 1911 brands over the years but my plain-jane Colts (tool-marks and all) have always been my favorites.

All of the fancy "bells & whistles" sure do look nice, but they are really not necessary, I can & do appreciate a good looking, well fitted, completely decked out custom 1911, but if my or my families life ever depends on one of my 1911's ... I'll definately be reaching for my Colt Combat Commander.