Has anyone looked into ensupra grid tie units?

Has anyone looked into ensupra grid tie units?

Looking over solar, I am to the point I would like some solar to offset the electric bill some, but I don't see any real saving after the expense of deep cycle batteries and future replacement.

Anyways while looking at various solar options I came across this and when you set it up, it has a grid tie inverter that you just plug into your home outlets. 

http://www.ensupra.com/

http://ensupra.corecommerce.com/Readymade-520watt-Solar-Power-Kit.html

1300, but apparently it qualifies for the 30 percent tax discount.

BTW, this is not the only one I found, I found several grid tie inverter systems.

It might be me, but it seems the price is starting to drop on systems like this.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest USMC 2013

If you get to the point of buying one I believe it has to be installed by a licensed person in the state of TN.  Please post any info you find about what requirements there are for installation and to qualify for grid tie through TVA.  I have not looked into all the specifics for this state so I cannot counsel on the the laws and requirements to do it correctly here in TN.

Thanks for sharing the link, it is a fair price.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Solar will start to pay for it self in about 15 to 20 years or longer.
To me that is a waist of good money.

And that if you don't factor in the interest it would have made you in a good mutual fund, real estate or some other investment. Once you factor that in I'm afraid I'm with you Red. You would have to just REALLY want solar.
Oh and after the 15-20yrs Red mentioned I would think the batteries would need to be replaced. I have no idea about the battery life, they may last longer of less but either way eventually you will be replacing them and having to start the amortizing all over again.
One day our battery technology will catch up to the rest of the components and be less expensive to get into.
Just my $0.02

With expensive monocrystalline panels, 10 watts/square foot, when the sun shines.  Think about it!  6 square feet to light a 60 watt bulb, if the sun shines. At $40/sq. ft. - - - - plus batteries.

Of course it's cheaper if you get your neighbors (the guvmint) to pay for it.

To me, batteries are the weak link.  Something like this just feeds the grid and slows down your meter some what.

Batteries last 5-10 years I am seeing and they are expense.

However, with planning for a new roof in the not 2 distant future, any solar plan is off for now.