Murfreesboro Gunshow May 18-19

Guest WJStaff
I'll be the ugly bone wearing a red Braves hat and Braves shirt. Come up and say hi, would love to meet some of you guys.
I always enjoy this show. Saw some old friends I hadn't seen in years. Also got a Vortex Strikefire, some CCI Mini and Maxi mags, 2 Gen 3 windowed Pmags, some 9mm, some big targets, and found some 25acp for my buddy who went with me. All in all, a good day spent with friends. Yeah there was plenty of overpriced ammo and guns, but seen a lot of AR's at and under a grand which a month ago was rare. I'm still patiently awaiting more normalcy. Edited by rugerla1
Oh, I forgot something. I did see a guy I wouldn't give a dollar to for anything. Walked up to his table and said hi, looked down at a S&W M&P10 and said, "That's a sweet rifle!" He looked at me with this disgusting look on his face like I shouldn't be speaking, shrugged his shoulders and just stared at me.....Like I was going to say something else after that? Lol Some people :) Oh well, lot of nice people there as well so no big deal, just funny and thought I'd share.

Got there around 12:30, paid the discounted admission, and looked around. Was not impressed with the amount of flea market merchandise this time around-- the last show in Dec. 2012 was much better. Saw a few things that I was interested in, but not anything that I couldn't live without.

I think the fact that there were also shows 20 miles away in Lebanon and 60 miles away in Sparta may have affected both vendors and attendees.

Edited by tartanphantom

Got there around 12:30, paid the discounted admission, and looked around. Was not impressed with the amount of flea market merchandise this time around-- the last show in Dec. 2012 was much better. Saw a few things that I was interested in, but not anything that I couldn't live without.

I think the fact that there were also shows 20 miles away in Lebanon and 60 miles away in Sparta may have affected both vendors and attendees.

Yes it was a much better show in December, and prices were heavenly! Ahhh the good ole days
I was there for a couple hours. Bought some zombie hunting permit stickers, didn't see much in the way of the c&r type guns I was interested in other than a couple of way overpriced tables, including some jerk selling an m1-d winchester garand that I was quite suspicious about its originality. When I asked the seller why he felt it was genuine, he said he had documentation, and when I asked what that was, he told me it was a Long story and unless I was a serious buyer for a $4000 gun he wasn't interested in wasting his time. What a total a$$$

I also spent 30 minutes with a guy who was interested in my AK74 whereupon he had a vendor examine it for him, declare it good, and then he turned to me and said he wasn't interested!

My time is worth more to me so I will be dropping the price here on TGO so it can find a good home along with my Sidefolder AK47.

I had the similar experience to most here.  Overpriced ammo and guns.  Not a lot in the way of variety.  No crates of mosins or anything remotely interesting in the C&R department.  LOTS of optics and knives it seemed along with other nick nacks.

Walked out with two bags of beef jerky  :yum:

I'm done with gun shows , back in the day about 15 years ago it was great thay where large it would take a whole day to walk though it and still not see it all , now you can see nothing but junk and see it in 30 min. Not waisting my time ill jest support my local gun shops , and save money in the long run.

Oh, I forgot something. I did see a guy I wouldn't give a dollar to for anything. Walked up to his table and said hi, looked down at a S&W M&P10 and said, "That's a sweet rifle!" He looked at me with this disgusting look on his face like I shouldn't be speaking, shrugged his shoulders and just stared at me.....Like I was going to say something else after that? Lol Some people :) Oh well, lot of nice people there as well so no big deal, just funny and thought I'd share.

Must be a gun store owner.....about half of them seem to have that same attitude.

I just don't get how most vendors at shows like to pretend that the internet doesn't exist and that consumer's aren't capable of informing themselves of current pricing and availability on things. especially surplus ammo and firearms.

• Like 1
I went yesterday morning and the crowd was low, but so was the quality of merch. I went looking for a holster and a surefire x300 and found neither. AR's are coming down but selection was poor. The show last December was much better. I really need to start reloading so I can stop by David's table and have a good reason to go to these shows!
Guest WJStaff
I saw one vendor trying to sell a plain P226 for $999. It came with one mag in a cardboard box. He had it tagged as a MK25...I asked him if he thought people were stupid. He looked at me like I had a turd on my head.
Guest Nunya

I saw one vendor trying to sell a plain P226 for $999. It came with one mag in a cardboard box. He had it tagged as a MK25...I asked him if he thought people were stupid. He looked at me like I had a turd on my head.

Well, did you?

• 4 weeks later...