Corker continues to disappoint!

Guest 6.8 AR

They have to get along with each other in a civil way. Corker is just like the thousands who have done things

like playing golf with the President. Doesn't mean anything. That's how they try to do business. They still

have the backroom deals like the so-called "gang of eight". It seems to be thuggery in the last decade, with

the use of gangs brokering deals.

Corker could very well have said to Obama that his constituents would hang him with a vote for the immigration

bill, or another gun control bill.

To send an email message to Bob Corker;

http://www.corker.senate.gov/public/?p=ContactMe

Let him know what you think about his voting record!

Might as well include Lamar too - http://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Email#form_5a20ff52-c723-4c84-b2b6-8b7c009b9cf2

Someone always responds so someone is being paid by our tax dollars to do this and maintain the auto-response.

At least with Corker you can make a short rant in the subject line, unlike Lamar's where you have to pick a subject.

I bicth to them about something every week just to get it off my chest. 

Here's Lamar's form-letter-explanation on his stance on the recent so-called "Market Fairness Act". Corker never responded to this one.

Thanks for getting in touch with me to share your concerns about the Marketplace Fairness Act.
When you buy something online or from an out-of-state retailer, under state law you owe the same state sales tax that you would pay if you had purchased it at the local store.  But most online sellers don’t collect the state sales tax, and many purchasers don’t pay it, even though it’s owed.  Of course, keeping track of all your online and out-of-state purchases is something even an accountant might have a hard time doing, so many Americans are failing to pay sales and use taxes they owe on these purchases. Some argue that the Marketplace Fairness Act would create a new “Internet tax.” This is wrong.  The bill would not create a new tax. We are talking about the plain old state sales tax--and all of us in Tennessee and 44 other states already owe.  In Tennessee, you can learn more about sales and use taxes and complete the return online at https://apps.tn.gov/usetax/.
States should have the right to decide for themselves whether to collect – or not to collect – the state sales taxes that are already owed from out of state retailers the same way they do from local stores.   This is a great big tax loophole that subsidizes some taxpayers at the expense of others and some businesses over others.  Main Street retailers are up in arms about the unfairness of this online sales-tax loophole, and allowing states to collect taxes that are already owed could reduce tax rates or avoid the arrival of a state income tax, which are possibly the most hated words in our tax vocabulary in Tennessee.
Congress has been trying to solve this problem for years, and the Marketplace Fairness Act is bipartisan legislation offering states two ways to make it simple for out-of-state sellers to collect state sales taxes. I am a cosponsor of this legislation and believe this is about allowing states to close a loophole -- a tax loophole.  It is about stopping the subsidization of some taxpayers over other taxpayers and stopping the subsidization of some businesses over others. 
I’m grateful that you took the time to get in touch with me.  Your comments are important to me and I’ll be sure to keep them in mind as these issues are discussed and debated in Washington and in Tennessee.

As far as playing golf with the King, I think they should try and deceive this fool as much as they can and then vote against him at every opportunity. Because that is exactly what the King is doing.

Doubtful that they're smart enough to be doing it though.

It just came out in the news that Corker is moving strongly in favor of arming the rebels in Syria. My opinion is those weapons, or at least the contents therein, will be returned to us at some later date by whichever howling mob emerges on top. Is there something i'm missing? Have I missed the huge popular support  movement for Syrian (gag!!!)  Democracy (gag!!!)?  Here in small town Tn., amidst my admittedly conservative cliche, there is very little, if any, emphathy or sympathy for more involvement in the Arab spring.

• Like 1

I still say it is none of the federal government's business to enact legislation like this.

I agree. What does state sales or income tax have to do with the federal gov? If more politicians would worry about their own taxes half as much as they worry about ours, it would be an improvement.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I agree. What does state sales or income tax have to do with the federal gov? If more politicians would worry about their own taxes half as much as they worry about ours, it would be an improvement.

Hell, if most politicians would start worrying about spending less, we would be much better off. Any time the citizenry

joins in in aiding and abetting the government in raising revenue, we only tighten our own nooses.

The goal is to get gun control bill and immigration bill passed the Senate and to the House. This will give Dems. wedge issues against republicans in 2014 house races. I believe Corker was just reelected. We are stuck with him for 6 years. Lamar is up in 2014. I can see Corker voting for both of these before Lamar for this reason. But then again, state Republican. party boss don't want to see a primary fight with him, so he may believe he could get away with a switch.   

They have to get along with each other in a civil way. Corker is just like the thousands who have done things

like playing golf with the President. Doesn't mean anything. That's how they try to do business. They still

have the backroom deals like the so-called "gang of eight". It seems to be thuggery in the last decade, with

the use of gangs brokering deals.

Corker could very well have said to Obama that his constituents would hang him with a vote for the immigration

bill, or another gun control bill.

I beg to differ. With a full out assault on the Republic and particularly the 2nd Amendment, Fast and Furious, Bengazi etc, it means something to me.

Guest Lester Weevils

Well, corker sucked as a mayor as well, so it isn't a new thang with him. Dunno whether or not he sucked as a real estate shyster. Maybe he was a genius at real estate shystering for all I know.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest 6.8 AR

I beg to differ. With a full out assault on the Republic and particularly the 2nd Amendment, Fast and Furious, Bengazi etc, it means something to me.

Friend, I've been harping about FnF and Benghazi all along, especially lately, since the hearings are about to start up.

This has nothing to do with that, though. It's just a picture, and Corker is acting like any other senator by playing golf

with the chief cook and bottle washer. That's what they do. It isn't the treason that they do in other arenas, like the Senate

sometimes. Just a picture.

As much as I despise some of the clowns, sometimes including him, there is still something known as "loyal

opposition" and they do have to be around another to communicate and voice their opinions. I'm just saying

because a picture of two people playing golf was taken, means absolutely nothing.

Guest RevScottie

Heard someone on talk radio today calling Corker a "traitor" for talking to the "enemy". That kind of stupidity is why we are the shape we are in. Pouting and sitting in the corner refusing to even talk with the other party is immature and shows a complete lack of leadership. True leaders influence those around them and there is no need to waste your time using your influence on people who already think like you do, that's just pandering for re-election votes.

I don't have an issue with the picture or a round of golf. It's the conversation that went on that matters, but since i don't have a clue what was said, theres no point in worrying about it. I think it makes him look like a total RHINO though even if he's there arguing for the Constitution because all we have is a picture. For me personally, I always following this rule... If you avoid the appearance of evil, you will avoid the evil. Whatever Corker is doing there with o, it looks like they are buddying up together. I would have avoided that photo op if I were him. Edited by Batman

Heard someone on talk radio today calling Corker a "traitor" for talking to the "enemy". That kind of stupidity is why we are the shape we are in. Pouting and sitting in the corner refusing to even talk with the other party is immature and shows a complete lack of leadership. True leaders influence those around them and there is no need to waste your time using your influence on people who already think like you do, that's just pandering for re-election votes.

"[Obama] was easy to be with. It was a really fun day. Saxby's hole-in-one on 11 made it even more fun. ... We all agreed we weren't going to give any readouts on any kind of policy discussions, but it really was mostly a day of, you know, enjoyment and fun."— U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn.

Somehow, I get the feeling Bailout wasn't really working hard to change the President's mind, it was after all a day of free golf...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/may/08/desjarlais-benghazi-hearing-about-finding-the/

Another fine example of Sen. Corker and how he views the world, and his responsibility to Tennessee, from the article:

Earlier Wednesday, U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, indicated that, for him, the question of what happened has largely been put to rest.

“I’ve been able to read all of the cables, I’ve seen the films — I feel like I know what happened in Benghazi,” Corker, a Chattanooga Republican, said during an appearance on MSNBC. “I’m fairly satisfied.”

pardon. fyi.

Corkers response today on the UnFairness Act;

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the Marketplace Fairness Act. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I realize that the issue of how to apply state sales tax laws to the internet is complex. As the former Commissioner of Finance for our state, I understand the challenges that states like Tennessee face regarding sales tax collection, and I know that many non-internet based companies are concerned that they are being placed at a competitive disadvantage by these challenges. With this in mind, I have been a long-time supporter of the Marketplace Fairness Act, and I have voted several times to support this bill, including voting in favor of its passage in the Senate on May 6, 2013. I think most Tennesseans would agree that we're fortunate not to have a state income tax, and to help ensure that remains the case, it's important our sales tax system works. 

This is a states' rights bill that gives states like Tennessee the ability to enforce existing state tax laws and collect sales taxes on online purchases if they choose. It also levels the playing field between local brick-and-mortar businesses, who have invested in the state and currently have to collect sales taxes, and online retailers who are sometimes out-of-state entities and do not have to collect the Tennessee sales tax.

While the Marketplace Fairness Act has passed the Senate, it is unclear if or when the bill will be taken up in the House of Representatives. I am hopeful that this bill will soon become law so that states like Tennessee will be able to effectively enforce their own laws.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me as I serve you in the United States Senate.

We need someone conservative and intelligent to replace both Cork&Mar before they go full blown RINO.  :waiting:

Guest midnitelamp

Mitch McConnell made an appearance at the Louisville,Ky. gun show in early March. If Corker has time to waste playing golf, he could surely make the rounds at Tennessee gun shows.

Mitch McConnell made an appearance at the Louisville,Ky. gun show in early March. If Corker has time to waste playing golf, he could surely make the rounds at Tennessee gun shows.

You are kidding?  Sen. Corker put himself in proximity to all those evil guns...why one of those dangerous machine guns might jump up and go off.