More 1022 crapola

Short on money but long on marginal stocks.  Took a hard look at my fav barrelled action: PWS T3 Toggle recvr/URS 29" barrel and Kidd kitted poly trigger group.  The stocks I have are OEM Ruger poly (nasty) stock, Archangel target (another project ongoing with that one) and an OEM carbine stock.  I tried hogging out the barrel bands, both metal and plastic, to go over the URS barrel and standard stock.  No Go! So decided on hogging out the carbine stock to free float the URS barrel, then rasping the area between the barrel band point and the forend.  Decided on taking all the OEM finish off and leaving it "white."  Although the forend leaves something to be desired the piece seems to resonate.  I'm using pencil sinkers (catfish) drilled into the stock to bring the balance to midpoint for off hand shooting.  Scope is Swift AO 6-18 Mildot.   

Put a metal mechanical bed using a cutoff piece very hard piece of metal from a putty knife and closed cell foam pressure points.  I couldn't pierce the metal of the putty knife with a standard electric drill and various bits, but used a conical stone for a Foredom to make the holes in the metal bedding sleeve.  Crazy!

Toggle1022stockpale_zps2867deb7.jpg
Edited by graycrait

Putty knifes are tuff, grinder is about the only way, as you found out.

Next time, heat to red hot and let it cool in air, it will get softer.

I kinda like the "plain" wood stock!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.