Night Sights for M&P Shield

lshel

What night sights are available for the Shield? I like TruGlo on other M&P's and Glocks, but I am unsure if they are available for Shield.

I have seen XS big dot front sight with line rear sight offered. What type night sights do you have?

• Administrator

DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE SOME NIGHT SIGHTS ON A SHIELD?

Have you checked on mp-pistol.com to see what the forum members there are using?

Honestly, the Shield is sort of a "get the f--- off me" gun designed more for conversation distances than medium range distances.  The way it's mean to be employed would make point-shooting viable.  The factory sights are more than adequate for that.

• Like 2

A couple of my CZ's have night sights that came on them but I don't think I would ever pay extra for them or add them to a gun that did not have them. Everyone likes different things so I wish you luck with finding them and getting them installed! They are a popular item to add to a weapon!

Honestly, the Shield is sort of a "get the f--- off me" gun designed more for conversation distances than medium range distances. The way it's mean to be employed would make point-shooting viable. The factory sights are more than adequate for that.

I had a Shield but couldn't quite get over my Glock love. The Shields handle like a fullsize handgun and shoot well. I would have no concerns carrying one on plain clothes assignment, off duty, or as a BUG. In these cases i would be very likely to need to take shots at 30 plus feet. A lot of people use their daily carry piece on the nightstand rather than opening the safe before bed and before leaving the house, I would have no concern with using a Shield with 7-9round capacity to get me to a more effective long gun. So I could see a lot of benefit to having night sights on a Shield.
Disclaimer: I don't have night sights on any of my personal guns.
Guest Skyline034

I run XS BigDots on my M&P Shield 9 and absolutely love them. Like the previous poster said, this is a get off me gun for defensive situations and not intended for printing pretty groups on paper. The sights are not difficult to install at all with a hammer and punch. It does take a few solid whacks but they come off like any other, just don't expect to be able to reinstall the factory sights. Posted Image

Trijicon HD sights is what I run. I'm not sure if they make them for the Shield or not but they are the best I've had.

The bad thing about the HD sights is that they are making me want to replace perfectly good night sights...

Mark