What was for supper?

them taters look awesome, would have been great with burgers, brats, and dogs that I grilled last night. I know I am blasphemer though, used a gas grill.

Hot Dogs were first rate, the brand is Nathan's. I don't know the difference but the kind from the store taste way better than what you get from the Nathans restaurants. They are pretty much the only kind I will eat anymore.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you like the Big Green Egg. I have thought about getting one.

I wish I would have bought it sooner. I haven't found anything I can't do with it. From overnight "low and slows", to 800+ degree sears, to baking....it does it all.

Guest m&pc9
I wish I would have bought it sooner. I haven't found anything I can't do with it. From overnight "low and slows", to 800+ degree sears, to baking....it does it all.

I think the only thing that has stopped me. I thought it was a little pricey. But I need a grill this year so I will check them out again.

I used to do alot of smoking but then I got a gas grill

Guest Bluemax
Man I just ate and those potatoes are making me hungry!

They looked good enough that I went to the store and bought taters and Rosemary a while ago. Nothing makes one feel manlier than buying fresh herbs at the market :):tough::lol:

The large has been plenty for us. I have a family of 4 and entertain often. The large has a 18.5 inch grid, I believe. I haven't loaded it up with burgers, so I'm not sure how many I could squeeze on there.

Guest 70below

I had a Ball Park "Grillmaster" hearty beef hot dog with lots of onions......mmmmmm. I was pretty impressed. I usually eat Johnsonville Brats boiled in beer than grilled because I can't stand most of the hot dogs you get at the store these days, but those grillmasters really hit the spot.

Guest SUNTZU

I went to Mama Blues in Knoxville. Mama Blues is like Ryan's. I spoke to the general manager as I was leaving about her views on handguns in restaurants. She said that although they didn't serve alcohol, and the new legislation didn't affect them, that all handgun carry permit holders were welcome at Mama Blues. If you recall, when Mama Blues was opening, one of the girls doing the training was kidnapped, raped, killed, and had her body dumped in Melton Hill. They will be getting my repeat business.

Guest illumina

just made some balsamic bbq sauce and grilled some chicken with it and made an orzo salad as a side dish. it was very delicious. dulce de leche cheese cake is in the fridge cooling down for dessert.

Guest illumina
illumina, what you are having sounds way better than tuna salad on white bread toast.

Thanks! Tuna salad sandwich sounds pretty good though :D I love cooking and am trying to expand my recipe collection. These two were keepers for sure.

2 inch thick strip steaks cooked to a perfect ooozy pink and red, oooof, grilled sweet corn on the cob dripping with butter, baked sweet tator and garlic bread,

OMG I died and went to heaven

Washed down with ice cold "Stoners" (coors light)

2 inch thick strip steaks cooked to a perfect ooozy pink and red, oooof, grilled sweet corn on the cob dripping with butter, baked sweet tator and garlic bread,

And umm where sir was my invitation?! That sounds like a fine meal Mike.

And to think that I settled for Wendy's. sigh