Bear gryllis survival reality show

he has knowledge and skill but I really doubt how much surviving he does on that show.  There are youtube vid's some of you may allow yourself to watch ;) that show him surviving from a reverse angle as his camera and tourists and vehicles are clearly visible just yards away.

Survivorman would kick his ass in a survival showdown.

• Like 4

I turned it on right about the time they were doing the urine/muddy water competition and changed the channel before the competition was over.  I think of BG as more of an extreme outdoorsman/thrill seeker than someone I would try to emulate in a survival situation.  I think that following the advice/examples of Les Stroud (Survivorman) would be a lot more likely to get a person out alive and in one piece.

• Like 1
Guest Hound

I appreciate the educational value in what he does.  Doesnt bother me at all that he might take breaks while filming and not constantly just surviving.

I appreciate the educational value in what he does.  Doesnt bother me at all that he might take breaks while filming and not constantly just surviving.

The ' taking breaks' doesn't bother me as much as some of his 'advice'.  Being that I am not former SAS, etc. I am pretty sure that telling me (and 99% of the rest of his viewers) to go ahead and jump off of that waterfall - just be sure to land feet-first - in a survival situation where there isn't a camera crew there to help rescue me and a broken leg, especially in cold water, means almost certain death is probably not very good 'advice'.

That is why I say that 'Man vs. Wild' was about Bear Grylls, extreme outdoorsman and adventurer and not about what most, normal people should do in a survival situation.  In that context, it was entertaining to watch but comprised pretty much the opposite of 'survival advice'.  But that is just my opinion.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The ' taking breaks' doesn't bother me as much as some of his 'advice'.  Being that I am not former SAS, etc. I am pretty sure that telling me (and 99% of the rest of his viewers) to go ahead and jump off of that waterfall - just be sure to land feet-first - in a survival situation where there isn't a camera crew there to help rescue me and a broken leg, especially in cold water, means almost certain death is probably not very good 'advice'.

That is why I say that 'Man vs. Wild' was about Bear Grylls, extreme outdoorsman and adventurer and not about what most, normal people should do in a survival situation.  In that context, it was entertaining to watch but comprised pretty much the opposite of 'survival advice'.  But that is just my opinion.

He probably had a coffee fetcher jump first, just to make sure. Then drank his own pee at the bottom.

• Like 1

personally I prefer the naked survivors,  just wish they'd quit blurring the woman.

Are you sure about that? The Australian chic & Surfer chic, oh hell yeah, that Amazon chic, OH HELL NO!!!

Survivor Man Hands down kicks them square in the nads..