Question - Flash Player for Android 4.1.2 Jelley Bean ?

Hi Guys, 

Need expert / SME advice - 

Running a brand new Samsung Note 10.1 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

It needs a flash player to play embedded video 

What is my best choice ?  (Adobe no longer supports Android)

Thanks, 

Bert

A couple of options - I run custom ROMs so flash is embedded and I don't have to worry with 3rd party apps.

1. Use a 3rd party app on the play store. No personal experience so read reviews.
2. Google search for the flash .apk download and install it (allow install from unknown sources in settings). Xda Developers has a guide with downloads.
Guest Lester Weevils

Dunno so much that it is Adobe no longer supporting Android, rather that Google and Apple both have "gone to war" against the flash format for whatever reason. In fact, even on my windows 7 systems, when internet explorer auto-updated itself over the last month, internet explorer got bricked for flash, when internet explorer even deigns to function at all any more, so I guess microsoft is piling on. I've mostly been using firefox lately on all platforms.

Other than format wars, maybe the hackers have made it so tough that the good guys can't write a decently secure browser anymore and they have to go around breaking stuff that used to work just fine.

Lester is basically correct... Flash is being phased out and unsupported to try and force HTML5 acceptance and migration. Even Adobe recognizes this, hence making flash unsupported for Android. Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 1

Thanks guys,

I am working down the list of solutions offered.  So far, no joy, but I will report back later (need to try the above links & Firefox  <first try at the Xda install did fail>)

The device is generally working well, especially for the price (free via reward points)

I am having  a little trouble with the WiFi router (drops out under load when downloading apps for some reason), and of course with the video.

I too, If Flash is doomed,  I too will be glad when everyone moves to a workable standard 

Yes.  It reported successful installation...no joy on vids.  Re WiFi, will do.  I had thought about congestion, so will try the app.  Probably need to re-flash the ROM on the router also (it is a bit old).  Other option is upgrading ( or adding a..) to N-type router. 

Edited by R_Bert