Duplicate Permit Takes 6 months

Just for information: I lost my permit to carry six months ago. I applied for a duplicate, and it just arrived yesterday.

The good news is: I found my lost permit two days after I applied for the duplicate. So now I have two cards. One is stashed away safely, just in case.

Anyway: don't lose your card. It may take you six months to get another one.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

That is just ridiculous. I dont see why they cant issue a duplicate on the same day. What is the holp up? It seems like since the DMV already has your photo on file all they would have to do is hit print & 10 minutes later walah you have a new card.

Guest bluecanary25

May I suggest, the next time you renew.....

get a duplicate made with your renewal. Only $5.00!

Many on this forum have a second mag for their pistol,

why not have a backup of your HCP card? :P

Guest eyebedam

Im kinda disappointed that I turned my app in Tuesday & as soon as I got in my truck to leave I noticed I forgot to check the box for a duplocate. I dont guess theres anyway to get 1 now is there?

There was a letter in the Chattanooga Times Free Press this morning complaining that they had been waiting since April 3 on their permit to be renewed.Mine comes up next year,hope it is cleared up by then.

Guest goomba
Im kinda disappointed that I turned my app in Tuesday & as soon as I got in my truck to leave I noticed I forgot to check the box for a duplocate. I dont guess theres anyway to get 1 now is there?

you can go online and order a duplicate...

when I moved. I changed the address on my DL and HCP... got the new ones within a week... course that was 3yrs ago.

• 1 year later...
Guest Sgt. Joe

Here in Jackson the lady at DOS refused to let me pay the 5 bucks to get duplicate with original.....She said "You cant have two permits":screwy:......Rather than start a ruckus with a long line behind me I just left.

After calling Nville and asking I was told that provision is there for those who may lose their permit and that I had read the paragraph correctly. So I went back and explained to another lady at DOS that I had been given false info and she said to just pay the 5 bucks and fill out the forms again.

Since I have yet to recieve the original I figured I would just wait rather than give them something else to confuse them. The folks in Nville said this comes up quite a lot and the DOS people just dont understand the difference in a HCP and a DL..?

When I do get the permt I will then apply for a duplicate......which means they will have to re-run all the checks again......that is part of the reason for allowing a duplicate in the beginning in the first place....DUH?:rolleyes:.....to avoid the added costs to re-check everything.

OH well I guess they should spend more time training these folks in what the forms actually say......?:ugh:

Here in Jackson the lady at DOS refused to let me pay the 5 bucks to get duplicate with original.....She said "You cant have two permits":screwy:......Rather than start a ruckus with a long line behind me I just left.

After calling Nville and asking I was told that provision is there for those who may lose their permit and that I had read the paragraph correctly. So I went back and explained to another lady at DOS that I had been given false info and she said to just pay the 5 bucks and fill out the forms again.

Since I have yet to recieve the original I figured I would just wait rather than give them something else to confuse them. The folks in Nville said this comes up quite a lot and the DOS people just dont understand the difference in a HCP and a DL..?

When I do get the permt I will then apply for a duplicate......which means they will have to re-run all the checks again......that is part of the reason for allowing a duplicate in the beginning in the first place....DUH?:D.....to avoid the added costs to re-check everything.

OH well I guess they should spend more time training these folks in what the forms actually say......?:P

I took advice from here on the forums and ordered my my duplicate when applying for hcp. Instead of there just being a box to check for a duplicate, it was annoying to have to fill out another form with all of the same info as original form but that is the process. Not sure why you were told that you couldn't do it. I didn't have any problme when asking for mines.

Thanks,

I don't get it. Why does the DOS take so long to renew a HCP? I renewed my TN drivers license online 8-29-09. I got my new license 9-10-09. 12 days to renew and get a drivers license. This should be the same on our HCP. We should be allowed to renew online. Thanks, gearyr

I don't get it. Why does the DOS take so long to renew a HCP? I renewed my TN drivers license online 8-29-09. I got my new license 9-10-09. 12 days to renew and get a drivers license. This should be the same on our HCP. We should be allowed to renew online. Thanks, gearyr

They don't conduct criminal background checks on a Federal, State and local level when renewing your DL.