Lindsay Graham to face primary challenge

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Mitch McConnell seems to be in quite the primary battle too, with businessman Matt Bevin.

“I’m not going to run to the left of Mitch McConnell. I’m not going to run to the right of Mitch McConnell. I am going to run right over the top of Mitch McConnell,” Bevin said.

Wacky, in that Rand Paul has endorsed McConnell, while the KY Tea Party has endorsed Bevin.

Looking like Paul might well quit dancing with those that brung him; I expect him to go more and more centrist as his run for the White House cranks up in earnest.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest 6.8 AR

It would be just fine with me if Graham got the boot from her. I imagine the folks in South Carolina have

had enough from their RINO, and Graham showed me a long time back that you can rest on your military

laurels only so much before you show you are just an idiot. She has as much creds as anyone needs.

I hope she blasts Graham out the door.

I don't know much about Matt Bevin, but I wouldn't blast Paul too much for endorsing the incumbent. That

doesn't mean anything. If Matt Bevin is a true Tea Partier, and not some Dem plant, it will shine through,

eventually. Appears to be an already tight race for McConnell. Maybe it has. I don't know enough about Bevin,

yet.

We just bitch about Alexander and Corker and do nothing. Wonder when that will change?

Hersh is right...  Remember; ...they are (....Graham and McCain...)... "the best and brightest"... . They know what is best for us delightful rustics.   We should bow down, be reverent, listen to their wisdom, and praise their righteous acts... .

unrighteous leroy the disbeliever

It would be just fine with me if Graham got the boot from her. I imagine the folks in South Carolina have
had enough from their RINO, and Graham showed me a long time back that you can rest on your military
laurels only so much before you show you are just an idiot. She has as much creds as anyone needs.

I hope she blasts Graham out the door.

I don't know much about Matt Bevin, but I wouldn't blast Paul too much for endorsing the incumbent. That
doesn't mean anything. If Matt Bevin is a true Tea Partier, and not some Dem plant, it will shine through,
eventually. Appears to be an already tight race for McConnell. Maybe it has. I don't know enough about Bevin,
yet.

We just bitch about Alexander and Corker and do nothing. Wonder when that will change?

When someone with some major financial backing decides to contest them, especially Alexander

Hersh is right... Remember; ...they are (....Graham and McCain...)... "the best and brightest"... . They know what is best for us delightful rustics. We should bow down, be reverent, listen to their wisdom, and praise their righteous acts... .

unrighteous leroy the disbeliever

Actually I meant something completely different:

Guest 6.8 AR

When someone with some major financial backing decides to contest them, especially Alexander

That's really a poor excuse for people who want to see something happen from their state. Not a criticism towards

you, at all, but a condemnation towards what drives the electoral process. We, the people, should be forcing new

blood in the system, like South Carolina.

Another thing to consider is that Nancy Mace, based on your statement, has no chance in Hell of winning her bid

for office. Graham has a war chest that can dwarf her donations. At least when the people get tired enough of

people like Graham and agree to back candidates in the primary process, there is a chance. Money does drive

elections, but it is still square one at the person pushing the button for the contender.

I wish Nancy Mace all the

best.

It is sad that those with the most financial backing are usually the forerunners. How would you address the issue? I feel that is the only way you would keep your elected responsible. If they dont cut it, they're gone, regardless of their power backing.