Joe Carr to run against Democrat incumbent Lamar Alexander...

Okay so State Rep. Joe Carr (for those that didn't already know) announced that he would be running against Jim Tracey to unseat incumbent Congressman Scott Desjarlais. Now in an effort to try to give Lamar Alexander the boot, Joe Carr has been solicited to abandon his effort to win a seat in the House of Representatives to instead take Lamar's senate seat. I'm not 100% certain on this but I was contacted by a mutual friend saying that there would most likely be an announcement tomorrow stating such. Lamar has managed to hold favorable standing in all hypothetical polls I have heard of but I believe that is mostly due to the almost total lack of a serious contender.. With the support of most Tea Party groups I hope and believe things will change ( I know, we've been burnt everytime hope and change shows up in the same sentence). This is exciting news to me because there is virtually a 100% chance that we will keep a Republican in the house seat anyways but stand to gain a true dyed in the wool Tea Party conservative in the senate which we are dying to have more of. I guess we will find out tomorrow whether or not this is actually whats going on but I for one have my fingers crossed.

• Like 5
Guest ThePunisher
He's got my vote also.

If all the gun owners could get united behind Joe, I believe we could send Lamar into retirement. Edited by ThePunisher

If we could get info next to the register of every gun shop/outdoors store and any TN based gun forums I believe that would go a long ways towards a good start. I just looked at an email and it said to be listening to Ralph Bristol's radio show at 7am. Joe has a standing weekly phone call in between 7-7:20am on Tuesday mornings so i'm sure he'll be on there regardless but I hope this is really happening.

I doubt that anyone can "unseat" Alexander in a primary (...sadly...); but i do believe it's a good thing to send a message about the unhappiness of lots of us tennesseeans have for this voting record in congress; especially toading up to the dammed democrats on several of obama's appointees; and essentially nullifying several tennessee senatorial votes splitting "yeas" and "nays" with corker.   I can tell ya all that his August/September newsletter highlites this "conservative" positions; and i think that is a good thing.  Could it be that this little "dust up" with the more conservative wing of the libertarians, Tea Party, and Republican party factions have  anything to do with this?.... Yes, i think it, indeed, does; and that's a good thing.

leroy,

radical isolationist libertarian

• Like 2

I don't know anything about Carr but he has my vote, too.  What the heck's got into me?  Didn't Obummer start this way?  insomnia.gif

Doesn't take much research to figure out what kind of man he is and where he stands on the issues. I guess him living a few miles down the road makes him a little better known around here than in Maryville. He is very similar in principals to Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and while no one can say with complete certainty but I believe he would stick to them in in Washington. It will be a tough uphill battle but if everyone will get to the polls and show their disapproval of Alexander's record in the voting booth, you never know.

I doubt that anyone can "unseat" Alexander in a primary (...sadly...); but i do believe it's a good thing to send a message about the unhappiness of lots of us tennesseeans have for this voting record in congress; especially toading up to the dammed democrats on several of obama's appointees; and essentially nullifying several tennessee senatorial votes splitting "yeas" and "nays" with corker.   I can tell ya all that his August/September newsletter highlites this "conservative" positions; and i think that is a good thing.  Could it be that this little "dust up" with the more conservative wing of the libertarians, Tea Party, and Republican party factions have  anything to do with this?.... Yes, i think it, indeed, does; and that's a good thing.

leroy,

radical isolationist libertarian

I don't believe for a fraction of a second that his "conservative" highlight reel is anything more than him baiting the trap with nothing more than a hollow conservative shell. He may have done some good things over the year but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Folks need to remember that primaries are the time to vote your convictions, principals and morals and I feel like any medium to high information conservative voter can tell Lamar is not looking out for us. He's been in Washington a long time and is over staying his welcome IMO.

• Like 3

Here's our other wasted senatorial vote. This is why it's essential that we have an anti-Alexander candidate who has a backbone for freedom.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/19/sen-bob-corker-criticized-working-democrats/

Holy cow that's an insulting article to the people if TN!

“We’re United States senators,” he said. “We’re supposed to go sell. We’re supposed to go inform.”

Here's our other wasted senatorial vote.  This is why it's essential that we have an anti-Alexander candidate who has a backbone for freedom.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/19/sen-bob-corker-criticized-working-democrats/

I completely agree! As important as it is for there to be someone with backbone to run against Lamar, it is equally as important for there to be only ONE with a great love for freedom and admiration for our founding fathers and their brilliant documents! I say this because Lamar is at the very worst going to get almost half the votes so if there are more than one running against him to split the remaining half the vote then he WILL Win his seat again. This makes it very important that the one that runs against him has no skeletons or baggage for Lamar and his lackeys to drag out. I think we have that person in Joe Carr if conservative and Tea Party groups get behind him and push hard. If they try to compare man to man, Lamar will draw the short straw so he can't take that route which leaves him with low information and left leaning (Chris Christie) republicans to pander to. The sad part is that there are an awful lot that fall into those two groups so true Tea Party conservatives will be tasked with bring the low info group up into the light and show them that just because he runs as a Republican doesn't make him such.

Holy cow that's an insulting article to the people if TN!

“We’re United States senators,” he said. “We’re supposed to go sell. We’re supposed to go inform.”

Hershmeister, Corker has been rude and insulting in everything speech or interview I have heard him give since the scandals and immigration bill broke. I think maybe his constituents need to beat him at his own game, we need to go inform the uninformed and misinformed and sell them a respectable Senator.

If we could get info next to the register of every gun shop/outdoors store and any TN based gun forums I believe that would go a long ways towards a good start.

That's a good idea. I'd add passing out flyers at gun shows and posters at private gun ranges as well.

Of course we can't forget finances. It'll take some big bucks to defeat Lame-argh.

That's a good idea. I'd add passing out flyers at gun shows and posters at private gun ranges as well.

Of course we can't forget finances. It'll take some big bucks to defeat Lame-argh.

Well it seems as though he will be getting a lot of support from many different groups so hopefully that will take a little bit of Lamar's edge off but I completely agree. He's been there long enough to have lots of friends in good positions.

Guest 6.8 AR

As much as this forum discounts the Tea Party, I'm sure Lamar's pollsters discount us as well. It would be nice

to see some solidarity with someone, one of these days, to oust a Lamar or two. The only solidarity are the democrats

when they vote.

A credible opponent could take this race regardless of dollars, IF we would do the Maggart thing and get enough people involved.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/18/Exclusive-Poll-Sen-Alexander-Trails-Generic-Conservative-by-5-Points

From the article:

Only 27% view Alexander as "conservative," however. 65% of Republican voters view him as "moderate" or "liberal."

• Like 2
Well I was just told there is now a third wheel. Kevin ........( I have no idea how to spell it) has jumped in as well. I really hope he backs out because he would likely be a very long shot in which Lamar would welcome. As soon as I figure out how to spell the last name I'll post with it. It sounds like "coo-cat-chew" and he is supposed to be a good man.
Guest 6.8 AR

A credible opponent could take this race regardless of dollars, IF we would do the Maggart thing and get enough people involved.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/18/Exclusive-Poll-Sen-Alexander-Trails-Generic-Conservative-by-5-Points

From the article:

Just the idea that Breitbart would print that article about a Republican senator should tell Lamar he should just

go away. I hope the same results occur with Bob Corker when his time comes again.

Marsha Blackburn should be running against Corker and Joe Carr should beat Lamar.

Just the idea that Breitbart would print that article about a Republican senator should tell Lamar he should just

go away. I hope the same results occur with Bob Corker when his time comes again.

Marsha Blackburn should be running against Corker and Joe Carr should beat Lamar.

I thought i had read that Blackburn was supporting Lamar, is so why would anyone support her. Seems kinda of Rinoesque ? 

I totally agree! Particularly the part about Marsha Blackburn.

Saturday, the Alexander team announced that Rep. Jimmy Duncan of Knoxville will chair his re-election bid to the U.S. Senate and that the "Honorary Co-chairs" are Gov. Bill Haslam, Sen. Bob Corker, Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey, Speaker Beth Harwell and Congressmen Marsha Blackburn, Phil Roe, Diane Black, Stephen Fincher and Chuck Fleischmann.

quoted from Nashville City Paper

Edited by JG55
Guest 6.8 AR

That could easily change. Lamar has all his "friends" close, possibly so one of them might not challenge him. Ever thought

about it that way? Maybe Marsha is a RINO, but I haven't felt that way about her. She is conservative enough for me.

Edited by 6.8 AR

to told lamar by e-mail long time ago i was not voting for him again.  got the standard "can" e-mail back from him about how great he was and the good things he was doing.  at this point i will vote for an "old shoe", anybody that runs against him has got my vote.