advice on different areas in tennessee

mr.romak

My "little" towns traffic is getting rough....

You're not kiddin'. I've noticed that too. We bought in the city limits of Cleveland about 12 years ago, and it was slower pace then. It's definitely growing up. That new Publix is going to be nice though

Bradley County is a great place to live. I like most areas of TN, though Edited by Batman

The town I live in is nice, unless you read the Topix posts. Only problem I have with it is they roll up the sidewalks at 9PM. But there is Walmart and McDonalds 24 hours. And an all night restaurant. .

Without seeing your name and location I knew this had to be Dayton.
Guest TankerHC

Without seeing your name and location I knew this had to be Dayton.

Yea, I dont know if your referring to the Topix posts, but some of the things people say there...holy mackeral. The things that are said in there, make Political Forums look like Disney online Playrooms,.

Yea, I dont know if your referring to the Topix posts, but some of the things people say there...holy mackeral. The things that are said in there, make Political Forums look like Disney online Playrooms,.

Topix, boarding up the windows and cutting the lights out at midnight, I was agreeing to it all.

First thing to look at is the pay around here isn't like up north. But take into consideration the cost of living here in the south is a lot less. I have friends up north ( one in NY state) that are itching to get down here soon. Your Gov Cuomo and his band of overprotectors ( controllers) have lost their minds.

Middle TN to east TN would be best bet. Plenty of Job opportunities and more on the way.

it would seem i will be looking the most east of nashville,i have already done quite a few applications . i am really a quiet person and dont like to venture into the very populated areas any more then i have to  lol. most of my free time is spent working with my father ,out in the woods ,spending quality time with the family or tinkering with guns ,cars,trucks or bikes . i am really hopeing to hear back about something soon so i can load up the family and my "evil guns" before the deadline to register them with the state or neuter them  :rant:. 

but thanks again for all the responses everyone , i feel alot better about looking into the east now .

Mr. Romak, Also a big plus is no state income tax. The people are as friendly as you could ever find. I am in Mississippi and I thought we had fairly friendly folks, but the one's I have met in Cookeville north to the KY. border are about as friendly as I have ever found and I have lived in a fair amount of places. I wished I had been smarter and raised my kids in Tn. I am in the process of working for 1.5-2 years and then to Pickett county,Tn. to see if I can catch any fish on Dale Hollow Lake. There is some awesome places in Tn to hunt,fish,ride and look, off road vehicle access, you name it and it is here. I wish you luck in finding the right job for you and wish you and your family happiness in the hills and hollers of Tennessee!! Mac in Ms. for now.

• Like 1