Nashville Armory comes through again

On another relatively hard to find firearm. Now this latest purchase is not made of pure unobtainium like the Sub2K but they're still relatively uncommon and NA had three of them. Two were used and one new, I grabbed one of the used ones.

I'll give you all some hints and see if anyone can guess what it is. I'll post pics either at the end of the week, or the end of day tomorrow depending on how long I can contain my excitement.

Hint #1. It's a revolver, but not a "six gun"

#2. Stainless steel.

#3. Rimfire.

Well lets see some guesses! I will even go so far as to award six internets to anyone who can guess correctly.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind... Just saw "rim fire". Are you talking about the ruger 22 revolvers? They were pricey!!

You sir have been awarded 6 internets. Thanks for playing.

But seriously, you think the price was a bit high? I couldn't find much on an average used price, figured that with an MSRP of about $650.00 that a fair used price was around what I paid ($425.00)

I dunno, seems fair to me if nothing else?
I was taken with them the other day too ... then I saw the price (on the new ones). I think you got a good deal. The market is the market. I just couldn't believe that the little ole revolver that I learned to shoot when I was younger was going for such a pretty penny. Great, fun little guns. Congrats!!! Edited by Peace

I'm lost, what Ruger .22 revolver is so rare, the SP101 or what?

- OS

Yeah it's the 101. Rare is too strong a word for these, uncommon is more inline IMO. Even that may be too strong, I don't know, just know I have been looking for one locally and haven't had much luck before this.

Anyway, how bout some pics?!

93D09F92-02F7-4D5C-BA18-5C207CC7F0EB-358

50D00A5E-D46E-43AA-BD1F-50871A909D9A-358

So far I'm loving it, the trigger is a bit heavy, but what else does one expect from a rimfire revolver? It's not bad, just a bit heavy. I may take it down to Jeff at G&L to see what if anything can be done. Other than that its a real solid boomer. Love the fiber optic front site and Calibri is a blast to shoot out of it, so quiet.

So far I'm loving it, the trigger is a bit heavy, but what else does one expect from a rimfire revolver? It's not bad, just a bit heavy. I may take it down to Jeff at G&L to see what if anything can be done.

I buffed some contact points and installed lighter springs on a Ruger SP101 in .357 that I used to have. It was the sweetest feeling DAO trigger I ever felt. I traded it for a nice camera for my daughter, but I still miss it.

I think you'll be surprised what some simple spring replacements will do to the trigger pull. The springs are cheap, so you can afford to buy an assortment of strengths and figure out how low you can go without getting failures. Polishing parts is tricky though, but I bet you could do it and save some dough.

Great looking gun, BTW...I bet it's a lot of fun to shoot. Edited by BigK