And another Police Shootimg

Guest nra37922

Guest nra37922

Cops trying to subdue an emotionally disturbed man with a long rap sheet accidentally shot two female bystanders outside Port Authority Bus Terminal on Saturday night, source said. 

Theodora Ray, 54, was struck in her leg — breaking two bones in her calf — as she stood leaning on her four-wheeled walker across from the terminal; Sahara Khoshakhlagh, 35, was grazed in her buttocks.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/cops-accidentally-shoot-two-bystanders-while-trying-to-subdue-man/

AND armed civilians are dangerous how????

Edited by nra37922

I would side with the officers on this one.  However, I seriously question their tactics.  One officer pulls a gun, and another pulls a taser?  I wasn't there, but if the guy was eventually subdued with a taser, it seems to me like that would have been the first option, not deadly force.

As far as shooting bystanders, the department should suffer the same fate as individuals do; you get your ass sued off.

• Like 1

I will side with them a little but with that said,  Does any police departments even send their applicants to a training academy before putting them in a uniform and shoving them out on the streets anymore? I would say the officer that did the shooting needs a lot more range time so he can learn to hit his target a lot better. Maybe Bloomberg needs to spend some of him millions training his policemen better instead of spending it fighting against law abiding citizens and carry permits and guns in general.............jmho

Edited by bersaguy
I wouldn't even have a problem with them using deadly force on this guy to protect themselves from harm, but they didnt even manage to hit him yet hit two women on a crowded street. Friggin amateur hour. I don't value the life of a criminal over that of a cop, nor do I expect a cop to, but I do expect them to value the life of a law abiding citizen over that of their own. I realize there is no requirement to do that, but it's implied. If they were in fear of great bodily harm and felt the need to use deadly force, they should have used another means instead of shooting wildly into a crowd; they should have known they were completely incapable of using their sidearms accurately.
Guest nra37922

Being an LEO today is A LOT different from when I was a kid with all the crazies an vermin running free and I wouldn't want their job.  That said, the lack of common sense, to say nothing about the lack of gun control, is troubling....Maybe PD's should look into having their officers take part in IDPA/IPSC competitions for firearm skills....

Being an LEO today is A LOT different from when I was a kid with all the crazies an vermin running free and I wouldn't want their job.  That said, the lack of common sense, to say nothing about the lack of gun control, is troubling....Maybe PD's should look into having their officers take part in IDPA/IPSC competitions for firearm skills....

I think they'd be far better off working on their people skills and leaving their guns and tasers on their belts.

• Like 1

While IDPA or whatever may improve their firearm skills, it won't do anything about the common sense you mentioned.  I would prefer more focus on that than firearm skills.