Knob Creek MGS - Fall 2013

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, what Shaggy said.  Last year you could expect about $1/round in mag-fed weapons and more for the belt feds and full auto shotguns.  I think the cheapest was the jungle walk w/ the Uzi - can't remember price though.  Last year I shot a full auto ak74 x2 magazines and I think I spent just over $60; hard to remember exactly though.  Worth every penny though!  BTW you need to show up early in the day if you want to rent as the line gets stupid long.  

Shaggy - shoot me a PM with who/what to look for and I'll swing by the competition area and say hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone looking to pick up anything in particular?  I've got a garand on the way so I might try to find a good looking web sling and bayonet.  Ammo of course but probably a small selection as I'm about spent out on my yearly ammo budget.  Also, I keep seeing ads for the new duracoat in a spray can that doesn't require heat treating to be previewed/sold at Knob Creek this fall.  Might pick up a can of it and play around with it as I've never duracoated/gunkoted anything before.

• 2 weeks later...
Spent Friday at the creek. Perfect day!

Best deal I found was a couple vendors selling used beat up ta31F acogs for $300-350.

They worked, and a quick call to trijicon confirmed they were genuine and NOT military issue.

Scored a deal on some 7.62x45 ammo for a vz52 rifle that I hope to own some day - $200 for 750 rounds!

Vendor ammo prices were all over - not much combloc moved at $190 per crate of 54r. I suspect prices will be reduced today and again Sunday. Militaryshooters ran out of inventory and had the most Competetive prices on everything.

Sunday will be the best day to go and snag an ammo deal

Somehow I denote a tone of sarcasm in your post....

no I have had all the 4.50 cups of coffee I can stand the scuba diving is great but you can only do so much of that
once you get away from the beach it looks like detroit or Memphis I would rather be in either place at least I can carry a gun
crime is very bad here no carry permits had dinner with some army friends last night that are here they hate it as well
I came here glad I did but this place will never get any more money from me again I started looking for homeless people the other day and found out they are bussed to remote parts of the island or arrested for as pretty as this place is its very depressing to me that americans have to live like this rant off the hotel the Hilton Hawaiian village is very nice the staff here is great

no I have had all the 4.50 cups of coffee I can stand the scuba diving is great but you can only do so much of that
once you get away from the beach it looks like detroit or Memphis I would rather be in either place at least I can carry a gun
crime is very bad here no carry permits had dinner with some army friends last night that are here they hate it as well
I came here glad I did but this place will never get any more money from me again I started looking for homeless people the other day and found out they are bussed to remote parts of the island or arrested for as pretty as this place is its very depressing to me that americans have to live like this rant off the hotel the Hilton Hawaiian village is very nice the staff here is great

If I recall correctly, the state of Hawaii pays their homeless to leave. They get a free one-way ticket to anywhere on the mainland.

Ammo must be coming down in price.  While I was at Knob Creek this weekend I saw a fellow crank off several 15 second bursts from the minigun.

The folks "on the line" at Knob Creek work on a different economy than us normal folks.  It's the only time I've ever almost got run over by a PALLET of ammo heading to the firing line.  :up:

Bummed I had to miss this shoot... I really need more 26.5mm flares, and nobody around here has them.

Edited by dcloudy777