Beretta 1301 Comp shotgun, pics added, again

this is Beretta's entry to the 3 gun. I have not had mine very long but so far it has not miss a beat. from straight out of the box. it's is light, not as light as the Vinci, trigger is good not as good as the Vinci. but the 1301 being a gas gun it easily shoots the light loads. out of the box it has a short L.O.P. but comes with spacers to add 1.25" to the LOP. I have the 24" barrel it also comes with 21" barrel. you can also get from Beretta there "kick off" recoil reducer. some are using it and say it is worth the money. the 1301 also comes out of the box with a over sized bolt handle, bolt release and safety.

most of you who read this section already know about me and what happened. and that I can not pull even the trigger on the M & P shield and most over guns including the Versa Max. before I got hurt I thought my C-Rums trigger job was the shxt. now it took all I had to pull the trigger and control the Versa Max, which most say is one of the best 3 gun shotguns out there.

I hope this gives you a idea about what I am saying when I say it has a good trigger.

they claim (they other 3 gunners) that the recoil is not as good (1301) as the VM but around the SLP, but points better than the SLP. also the recoil is less than the M2 plus shoots lighter loads.

I know that X-Rail is working on a prototype for the 1301 and Nordic has a barrel nut for it.

there you go for what it is worth.

Edited by RWF
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are 2 pictures. the lifter has very small forks and the loading port comes looking like its well beveled. but some may say it could need a little more beveling but the edges do not seem to sharp. 

IMG_7806_zps39022dd4.jpgIMG_7808_zpse3062cec.jpg

Edited by RWF

on the 1301 the follower is long, like the Nordic follower. I replaced it with a DMW  follower which is about have the length and the factory mag went from 4 to 5 rounds. I already have a +5 tube and a XXL cap which allows for 6 in that with about a 1.5" for the spring. the barrel nut should be here on the 28th. I should have at least a 11 +1 capacity. it looks like the mag extension will go pass the 24" barrel about 4".  

the barrel nut and clamp came in today and with the +5 tube and the XXL cap I had its a 11 +1. I do believe the XL cap will work and still have 11 in the mag. I will try that later. with the XL cap and extended chokes, it will look better.

IMG_7811_zps6c62f366.jpg

I added the tube support as well, eventually ill belly up and add a longer tube if I need it. Hate to put a bunch o money into Add ons I might not need till later. It's a helluva shotgun I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Pictures!?

I will be shooting in open since I can not reload,(on the clock) when it goes empty I will just take the penalties.

Pictures!?

I will be shooting in open since I can not reload,(on the clock) when it goes empty I will just take the penalties.

What happened to your VM?   Why not try a box fed gun if you are shooting open and don't want to stuff the tube...?

I had a few tell me I should try a box fed shotgun. cost was why, to make a 1919 or saiga ready to race would be another $1000, the 1919 mags are super high. unlike hognut I do not have $3K to spend on a R & R racing shotgun. Firebird is not much cheaper on the 1919.

I sold the VM. just do not have the strength I had before I got hurt. the 1301 is easy for me to handle and the trigger is easy for me. I came very close to not even replacing the VM. but I probably have now more shotgun ammo that I will ever use now, 500+ shot 100 low recoil buck and only about 50 slugs. 

the big reason why got a new shotgun, is they gave $1000 for a 6.8 rifle I was working on, with no sights or optic.

I hope that makes some kind of sense. and I will always come in last.

well I can say I have never seen it. but here on TGO in this section some time back. he stated he had a purple R & R racing saiga. and about what he spent on it.

the last time I was at that club was a shotgun only, one of several,  the was match 3 weeks before I got hurt I, it was not there. I have not been back.

• 2 weeks later...

how bout this: 976.00 at grabagun.com for the 21 in model  arghhhhh

hit NGC last week had a blast double tapping clay pigeons that i missed LOL had a blast

added some pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilksbs4aem0b4q1/Photo%20Oct%2012%2C%208%2047%2041%20AM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnfae00rmdbjlp4/Photo%20Oct%2012%2C%208%2047%2052%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2012%2C%208%2047%2052%20AM.j

Edited by Dustbuster

how about this, on another forum a guy was selling his new 24" for 975, 925, 875 it sold at $850. he just kept on dropping the price every day. I would have love some of that action.

I will at some point be doing clays also.

BUT I really like that clamp, who makes it?

850.00 god i feel victimized lol oh well am happy w it and itll prob be the last shotgun l ever buy on the clamp I picked it up at outpost armory W the extension i don't remember the mfg but ill dig the receipt out n check Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster

well I can say I have never seen it. but here on TGO in this section some time back. he stated he had a purple R & R racing saiga. and about what he spent on it.

the last time I was at that club was a shotgun only, one of several,  the was match 3 weeks before I got hurt I, it was not there. I have not been back.

It is blue not purple.  I do prefer to shoot pump shotguns more.  If I shoot more 3gun type events it will certain make it at some point.   

I am liking some of the features/reviews of the VersaMax and may consider this one also in the near future.  Tim Calhoun is working on some for a possible go at it in that sport.  If all else fails with these ventures, I go back to the FN SLP model, great model. 

how bout this: 976.00 at grabagun.com for the 21 in model  arghhhhh

hit NGC last week had a blast double tapping clay pigeons that i missed LOL had a blast

added some pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilksbs4aem0b4q1/Photo%20Oct%2012%2C%208%2047%2041%20AM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnfae00rmdbjlp4/Photo%20Oct%2012%2C%208%2047%2052%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2012%2C%208%2047%2052%20AM.j

the barrel clamp is Dave's metal works and it looks like the tube is also. just fyi found on SSI looking for something else.