Another nail in his coffin

Lamar tried to slam Cruz with a Tennessee/Texas historical analogy.  He said that Davy Crockett rushed to the Alamo without enough support and met his end.  Sam Houston patiently waited, built an army and whipped Santa Ana.  He predicted that Cruz (Crockett) would get his ass handed to him by trying to defund Obamacare now.  Lamar (Houston) was going to work for a Republican takeover of the Senate and repeal the law.  This sounds noble enough, but Sam Houston didn't negotiate or make deals with Santa Ana....and HE DAMNED SURE WASN'T A COWARD!  (emphasis mine.) 

• Like 1
Guest TresOsos

An the delaying action at the Alamo allowed Houston time to form and train his Army.

LameR and the GOP establishment have had how long to execute a plan, give me a break.

LameR  and Dorker ain't going to do anything but get back on there knees.

Edited by TresOsos
Guest TresOsos

Yes they can be beat in the primaries and that is the place to try and do it.

But it may come down to them or a (D) and though it would be a bitter pill to swallow.

A (D) my have to be elected to prove a point, we cannot continue this lesser of two

evils voting excuse to continue, it just allows distrustful backstabing politicians

to manipulate us through fear. And since we are going to get what the (D) would do anyway

why continue play that game.

Edited by TresOsos

Ok defeating them in a primary would be the way to go. You know that someone in the Conservative Republican party will run against Lamar in 2014. Everyone just needs to put their support behind who ever it is to get Lamar beat in the primary and then we will need to really push and put as much support behind that person to make sure they beat the democrat opposition. Not going to be easy but better than having to vote for a democrat. We cannot take the power back in the Senate by voting for a democrat...........jmho

• Like 1

See how everybody LOVES Cruz and he is a first termer. I keep saying vote out incumbants and this is why. Imagine if a bunch of Cruz type representatives were in office? If we don't support him and get some allies of his in office then he will turn just like the rest of our representatives do after a term or two. Vote out every incumbant.

I don't know how many folks here belong to the Tea Party and really none of my business bt I do and I think the more support that is put behind the Tea Party the more Cruz's and men and women like him will come out of it and like they did in last midterm. The Rino's don't really like them but if we get enough of them in the House and Senate the Rinos will have to become the followers just like this last couple of weeks. The real leaders in the last several weeks in the House and a few in the Senate were all Tea Party people for the most part. And only GOD knows how bad Obama and Reid hates them but Obama has made his thoughts about them clear. He hates the Tea Party............jmho

Guest nra37922

I am NOT a Democrat, a Republican, or a Tea Partier what I am is an AMERICAN and I am sick of the bullshi-t  IF I could run for office I would end up pissing off everyone as I would run on a no pandering platform with a promise to do my best for my country, regardless of what the powers want, scale back of welfare programs, close agencies wholesale and to blow the whistle on all D.C. insider perks, deals, vote pressure etc....

In other words frick the parties and lets get the country straightened out....

Edited by nra37922

I am hopeful (but doubtful) that we can prevail in the primary. That is absolutely the place to do it.

However, I WILL NOT VOTE for Alexander or Corker again. If that allows a democrat to get in by default then that is the way it is. At least then I won't be embarrassed about voting for a weasel.

I'm pushing my state reps to close the primary process. I think that is our only legitimate hope.

Mark

• Like 1

I hope you mean that, even if it means a (D) getting elected. I may not vote for one but I will not vote for LameR or Dorker.

I will gladly vote for a Democrat before I'll ever again vote for Corker or Alexander.  I hope it won't come to that...I hope that we'll have a real choice and get rid of Alexander in the primary but whether we do or not, he'll never get another vote from me.

Guest TankerHC

Having become a new TN resident 5 or so months ago with all the voting rights and privileges equal to the other 10 States I have resided in, I have been watching TN Politics for a while, about 15 years actually. In November when I saw that TN had voted in a State House Republican Supermajority (Along with 30 or so other states), went to the wife and said "This is why I want to retire and live the rest of my life in TN'. A beautiful State full of Conservatives. On top of that it puts me only a couple of hours away from my family in Georgia, my family helped found part of this State, and outdoor opportunities are about endless. 

Yep, beautiful,Conservative, and lots of relatives live here and have for a couple of hundred years. What more could an Ultra Conservative ask for?

Then I read how the Republicans wont be shaking things up (Thats WHY you elect a Supermajority)

Then I start reading and paying attention to the gun laws, closely.

Then I get to watch as two TN Republican Senators trash the Conservative Right and vote to destroy the U.S. economy. Alexander did a Pelosi, clearly when he made the comment on how he would vote "Because there is too much uncertainty on what will happen". So, he didnt know what was going to happen and instead of finding out he goes ahead and votes against his constituents wishes? (or are there a lot more Democrats than I thought)

WTF over?

I wasnt able to help vote him in, but I am certainly in a position to help vote him (Both of them) out. In every State I have lived in I have been Politically active, TN will be no exception. Ill do what I can.