Ya'lls help with a new gun choice

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

Ok, here is the deal. I am going to buy a new semi. Below is the criteria and situation. I dont have the resources to handle most guns so I am gonna try to rely on ya'lls thoughts/experiences.

I want either a 9mm or 40.

Safety's - Not a big issue

Size - Want a smaller framed pistol (bigger than a p32 smaller than a 1911), and will use for CC ( as close to the dimensions of a Walther p22 - 6.1x4.3x1.1)

Finish - I like blued or other drab color

Price - $500 or less ( will buy used gun or new )

Action - SA/DA or DA only

Capacity - hopefully atleast 8-10 rounds

weight - as little as possible

Comfort - I love the grip of my walther p22. What I like about it is the groove for the webbing of your hand. It is a large groove eliminating any chance of slide bite. I also like the tactical feel of it. Very ergonimic feel. Fits well.

My thoughts - I would love to own a glock 26 or 27, just dont know anything about one. I havent held and XD either. I havent had much interaction with others either. Please give your opinions. Thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033

Hee hee. I actually kinda did. Won a nice chunk in a poker tourney :D

I would love to have a p99! Thats actually what I dream of, but the price....

There was a guy on here that would sell one, I might try to look him up. Thanks

Guest jps37033

Let me look at the size specs of an M&P. Thanks

Whats the deal with a Walther pps? I just saw them at buds, and looked at them at WaltherAmerica.com. They are as slim or slimmer than the p22. Very compact. Has anyone ever handled one?

Guest nraforlife
How about a S&W M&P 40c, just over 5 bills, 10 rounds, good warranty, good equipment, real good shooter. (Can ya tell I like M&P's?):D

+1 - My vote is for this also. 10+1, excellent warranty and repair support (if needed), great equipment, great ergonomics and American made. Oh, and it shoots real well!!

Edited by nraforlife
Let me look at the size specs of an M&P. Thanks

Whats the deal with a Walther pps? I just saw them at buds, and looked at them at WaltherAmerica.com. They are as slim or slimmer than the p22. Very compact. Has anyone ever handled one?

I've handled the 2 or 3 I've seen at Hero-Gear. VERY nice, well put-together pistols... probably the first 9mm/.40 gun I've seen rival a P7 for slimness. Has a 'Glocky' trigger, but better. I'd check one out before anything else, given your criteria.

Guest HunterH

I carry a G27, M&P 40 and XD40sc. I rotate between them depending on what I am wearing. All three are amazing and I have never ahad a single problem with any.

You can get a G27 for 499 or with night sights for 550.

a XD for 439 and with night sights 520.

and M&P or M&Pc for 439

all the above from budsgunshop.com their prices for the XD and M&P are about 100 less than anywhere I have found. The glock is about teh same as other places, maybe a bit cheaper.

you can not go wrong with any of these three!

best of luck!!:D

i would go to a gun store and hold a glock 23 or 27 and then hold a xd and see what fits your hand better. i dont like the xds, they dont fit my hand very well. but the glocks are just right. so, i would say it depends and go with what fits the best

Guest jps37033

Ok, the pps is out. I just held one, and it (the grip) felt like I was holding a skinny pack of smokes. Not my style. And, if this helps, I liked the glock, but the grip was bulky for my hands. So, maybe something with a smaller frame than the glock 23. Thanks

Guest cdsusong

I have a P22 as well and I have small hands. I bought a Kahr CW9 and it was a good gun, was. It has now found a new owner. The slide was real stiff and hard to work. The gun worked flawless but I could not get comfortable with the kick and accuracy. From that i purchased a G26 brand new for $499. I like the size and I also have a G19. You are correct that the glock feels a little blocky especially with small hands. But I am familiar with the glock and I like the way they shoot and the most important thing is that the shooter is comfortable with the gun. I love the G26 and carry it always. As you probably noted, I like 9mm. I shoot the G19 alot and it made sense to me to stick with the same size ammo, plus the mags from the 19 will work in the 26.

Guest rufusgooch

If you like the walther; you prefer a hammer. Stay away from the bricks(glocks). I carry a beretta 9000/40. Comes in 40 and 9mm. A little top heavy, but a sweet gun. Want to pay near 500 go for the s&w mp in either a 40 or 9mm. Want to save 200 bucks go with the Bersa mini compact 10+1. Google: best 9mm hand guns, go to best nines. Nice run down by value and reliability.

I love my Glock 27, with the addition of a Hogue Gripsleeve Jr. it feels awesome in my hand. The Glocks are quite a bit lighter in weight than the XD's too which is nice when you're carrying it for long periods. If you like the Glocks other than the "bulkiness" of the grip....I'd check out a Glock 36 before I ruled them out completely. The 36 is a "slimline" Glock with a single stack magazine and narrower grip in .45 caliber.

Guest jps37033

Ya'll are awesome.

Packinmama - I just found the glock 36, and would like to check one out

rufusgooch - Thanks for the helpful tips. I never thought of the bersa compacts

cdsusong - Man, I love that g26. I just wish it wasnt so bulky. Id take it in a heartbeat! Thanks for your opinion and input

Guest jps37033

Just looked at the cw9 and the 40. I love the way it looks, and its size. I saw it compared it to the xd in size. It looks perfect. I think I have chosen to go with the CW9.

Thanks!