For the Veterans receiving pensions.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I was told by a reliable source the day after the  shutdown kicked in that "Oh no, were funded, we will not be shutting down and stopping pensions".  I asked because I had heard that VA Pensions, Hospitals and Clinics(correction) would be affected.

Night before last I hear that Pensions will be stopped FIRST. Last night I heard that if it goes past the 17th, regardless of if it stops before Pensions are due, no Pensions will be paid this month. 

Just so you all know, for those who are 100% disabled (Or recieve a DAVP Generally), and rely on your Pensions for income, (3.8 Million pensions will be stopped). That includes CRSC and Concurrent Receipt for Retirees.

Surviving spouse Pensions will also be stopped.

Children's Chapter 35 Educational benefits will be stopped. 

In all over 5 million Veterans and their families will have benefits stopped. Veterans who gave their health, their legs, their arms, their sanity. 

You may want to begin preparing.

Welfare and Obamaphones will continue.

That is all. 

Edited by TankerHC

Wouldn't stress about it, I expect everything to be back in order next week.

Nothing has worked out for either side on this battle so they will probably be putting in yet another temporary extension and we'll be faced with the same issues next year some time.

Nothing has worked out for either side on this battle so they will probably be putting in yet another temporary extension and we'll be faced with the same issues next year some time.

Ordinarily i would agree with you, but this shutdown and everything being done because of it is playing right into and feeding Obamas ego like nothing else can.

Well, folks voted for CHANGE, wonder how they are liking it now?

DaveS

I was just wondering the same thing Dave. They voted him in the first round on promise of change. I was kind of happy the way the country was before he began his change. Yea, a few things needed a little attention but were some simple fixes. Nothing like the mess this guy has created for sure......jmho

• Like 1

Railroad Retirement and Social Security will be in the same bracket as military pensions. Let's not forget them. :D

The only pensions that will continue will be private ones, until the money runs out.

Plenty has worked out for the conservative and Tea Party movement. Don't kid yourself. What Ted Cruz et al have done is

awaken a lot of people and debate among the citizenry has become a norm, unless you still want to hang on to the main

stream media's version of things. Obama's popularity is in the mid to high 30's. The result of all these political shutdowns

and other chicanery has hurt the Democrats more than they will ever admit.

I'm not going to go out on a limb and say good things will come out of all this, but it has gotten a lot of people to go against

the current group in charge. Even if Boehner caves, along with McConnell, the people will become more unhappy with DC.

There will be a temporary extension, probably until this group of liberals can be put out of office. That includes RINO's.

That also means everything is still up in the air. Confusing?

Quit paying attention to the MSM and their narrative. All of them! Because they are all lying, right now. Even Fox.

Have to disagree with you on that one 6.8, everyone is prepping up for another last minute temporary solution again.  And we'll be right back at square one next year, instead of fixing the problem now.

This was like going into the battle of little bighorn, getting up to the fences and then saying "Let's deal with this next summer, I've got to be at my kid's soccer match tonight".

Have to disagree with you on that one 6.8, everyone is prepping up for another last minute temporary solution again.  And we'll be right back at square one next year, instead of fixing the problem now.

Looking like only a no strings 6 week extension of debt ceiling only is being offered right now, but no actual budget negotiation regarding the CR, so shutdown still unaffected.  Stay tuned.

- OS

This was like going into the battle of little bighorn, getting up to the fences and then saying "Let's deal with this next summer, I've got to be at my kid's soccer match tonight".

So, you think the opposition to this should just go away and we should further cower into oblivion, since the bills already due

can't be paid? How does the problem get fixed?

So, you think the opposition to this should just go away and we should further cower into oblivion, since the bills already due

can't be paid? How does the problem get fixed?

You're 180 degrees off of what I am saying.  The cowering is what is creating this extension and what will implement a temporary solution again.

I've never seen an issue where if someone owes a bill, they can't pay it unless they get a new credit card with a higher limit.  We can pay the current bills just as we are doing now, hitting the limit doesn't mean we have no more revenue coming in, it just means that we need to prioritize

The way to fix this?  For congress to not increase the debt ceiling, then force the decision at cutting programs that are growing out of hand.

• Like 1
Sam, I agree with you about there probably being a temporary
bandaid applied. I don't expect anything less, but the narrative
is being challenged. Thats important.

The more the lot gets stirred, the more this bunch and the RINOs
get exposed. That's a good thing even if too late to do much.