Obama's Military Forcing GOD Out

There are no sources for the accusations made in that article, which makes it not an article, just a person's online rant. I'm willing to believe the sky is pink if someone was to give me the evidence supporting it. Nothing there though.
  • Like 1

There are no sources for the accusations made in that article, which makes it not an article, just a person's online rant. I'm willing to believe the sky is pink if someone was to give me the evidence supporting it. Nothing there though.

The article used was to start a topic discussion. On the evening news a few years ago when our troops were still in Iraq, a camp Chaplain was ordered to take down the Cross from the worship tent entrance so as not to offend the muslims. Religous persecution is alive and well in the world. A google search provides more resources.

The article used was to start a topic discussion. On the evening news a few years ago when our troops were still in Iraq, a camp Chaplain was ordered to take down the Cross from the worship tent entrance so as not to offend the muslims. Religous persecution is alive and well in the world. A google search provides more resources.

I don't have to Google anything. I'm not the one making accusations and assertions. That article makes a whole lotta inflammatory accusations but provides no evidence for it. When a person makes an accusation it is not up to me to prove its validity, it is up to the accuser. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. So I'm dismissing the whole article you posted. It's all bullsh**.

I don't have to Google anything. I'm not the one making accusations and assertions. That article makes a whole lotta inflammatory accusations but provides no evidence for it. When a person makes an accusation it is not up to me to prove its validity, it is up to the accuser. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. So I'm dismissing the whole article you posted. It's all bullsh**.

You dimmiss what you want, the internet is full of bullshit. One just has to seperate the wheat form the chaff.

If someone says it's going to be cold today and provides no evidence, I'll take their word for it. When someone claims there is a vast conspiracy and provides no evidence, it's most certainly bullsh** and doesn't warrant looking into further.
  • Like 1

If someone says it's going to be cold today and provides no evidence, I'll take their word for it. When someone claims there is a vast conspiracy and provides no evidence, it's most certainly bullsh** and doesn't warrant looking into further.

I believe in Heaven and Hell, as do many others. Do I have evidence? No, none needed. People can choose, it's their right, but if one ignores past history, it will come back around to bite you in the a$$.

[quote name="Rogomay" post="1050086" timestamp="1382077822"] I believe in Heaven and Hell, as do many others. Do I have evidence? No, none needed. People can choose, it's their right, but if one ignores past history, it will come back around to bite you in the a$$.[/quote] Sure, you can choose to believe in anything. I'm not interested in a theological discussion, just a discussion which involves the facts of the assertions made in the story you posted. None of it can be backed up with evidence. You can choose to believe that, but I don't think forming your world view around the opinions of others who have not provided fact is a road most rational, well thought out people want to go down. You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. If the story you posted was true there would be hard evidence to back it up. All I see is opinion based in the will to believe that Obama is the root of every single evil thing ever. Doesn't seem necessary when there are actual facts out there which paint Obama to be a pretty bad person. Edited by TMF

As I stated earlier, the article was used to start a topic for discussion. I never said that it was true or insinuated it was true. If a topic is interesting to some, then that individual can further research if they choose, just as you can choose not to join in. How many people know what our military troops are having to deal with on deployments today. It is sure different today than when I served. The military brass will never admit to persecution of Christians, but the troops will tell someone, and the word gets out.

As I stated earlier, the article was used to start a topic for discussion. I never said that it was true or insinuated it was true. If a topic is interesting to some, then that individual can further research if they choose, just as you can choose not to join in. How many people know what our military troops are having to deal with on deployments today. It is sure different today than when I served. The military brass will never admit to persecution of Christians, but the troops will tell someone, and the word gets out.

I like your avatar..............jmho

As I stated earlier, the article was used to start a topic for discussion. I never said that it was true or insinuated it was true...

My intentions are not to pile on but TMF is right. Even if you are just wanting to start a discussion, when you link a source you are doing so to add credence to the discussion. This link adds nothing but a stranger's opinion. I may not have met most members of TGO but I know a little bit about each of you based on your post history. At least least that is something.

If you are looking for opinions on the topic, I will offer mine:
I think the idea of a "War on Christianity" is a bunch of hooey. I have asked about this topic and how it relates to the military, of my brothers. One has 18 years in USAF and the other has 15 years in the Navy. The short answer from both was "that's nonsense." Both of them, in their own way, went on to say that it sounds like the kind of thing you hear on conspiracy sites, from people who are either not in the military or have been out for so long they have lost touch with reality.

I did do some research and could not find anything to back up the claim that article makes about forcing same sex marriage. IMHO the article should not be taken serious, and with all due respect, you will get better traction in discussing topics when you lead off with legitimate sources
Let me add I am against Obama. Don't like and think he is not good for the country. But articles like that help Obama. It makes the anti Obama people look like foolish lunatics. Obama has done plenty wrong, no need making up foolish allegations. That article is no different than the "Evil Assault Rifle" crap anti gun people spew
  • Like 1

I did do some research and could not find anything to back up the claim that article makes about forcing same sex marriage. IMHO the article should not be taken serious, and with all due respect, you will get better traction in discussing topics when you lead off with legitimate sources

I see your point Tennjed, but the government is never going to admit to any plan to subvert part or all of our founding principles.

Okay, well then let us start a discussion on religious persecution in the military. I was in the Army. I've witnessed religious persecution first hand. Honestly, at the time some of it was a little amusing, however, looking back I don't think it was appropriate. If the same thing had happened in reverse it would have been a big friggin deal, but since it only involved people not willing to go to church it was funny.

Well, what if you were punished for going to church? How would it be different to punish someone for going to church versus someone who doesn't go? Both are equal on the scale of religious persecution, however, I don't think people like you care about those on the other end of the scale. I could be wrong, so forgive me if I'm making the wrong assumptions here, but you don't really care about religious persecution, do you? You only care about a perceived persecution of people who believe the same thing as you do, right?
  • Like 2

Okay, well then let us start a discussion on religious persecution in the military. I was in the Army. I've witnessed religious persecution first hand. Honestly, at the time some of it was a little amusing, however, looking back I don't think it was appropriate. If the same thing had happened in reverse it would have been a big friggin deal, but since it only involved people not willing to go to church it was funny.

Well, what if you were punished for going to church? How would it be different to punish someone for going to church versus someone who doesn't go? Both are equal on the scale of religious persecution, however, I don't think people like you care about those on the other end of the scale. I could be wrong, so forgive me if I'm making the wrong assumptions here, but you don't really care about religious persecution, do you? You only care about a perceived persecution of people who believe the same thing as you do, right?

You're preaching now! :). I've always liked that you make an effort to see both sides of the coin. Edited by LINKS2K

I care for our troops today that are persecuted in many ways, such as multiple deployments to the Afghanistan, Libya and the other hot spots that our government gets interested in. They have very restricted freedoms while deployed over there, and yes that includes religious freedoms. Even back home they are used as tools of the political game such as in the sequester and the Government shutdown. Most young soldier and his family live at or below poverty levels which is another form of persecution. Troops are required to take sensitivity training and diversity training no matter what their beliefs are.

I support the Wounded Warriors every month because I care. Before my last back surgery when I had to give up my motorcycle riding, I was a rider in the Patriot Guard for our fallen troops. How many welcome home parades do you hear of now for our returning troops from the sand box?

Yeah, our troops are persecuted in many more ways. I care about all of them and what happens to them.

I care for our troops today that are persecuted in many ways, such as multiple deployments to the Afghanistan, Libya and the other hot spots that our government gets interested in. They have very restricted freedoms while deployed over there, and yes that includes religious freedoms. Even back home they are used as tools of the political game such as in the sequester and the Government shutdown. Most young soldier and his family live at or below poverty levels which is another form of persecution. Troops are required to take sensitivity training and diversity training no matter what their beliefs are.

And this is new how? You just described nearly every military, ever.

We have an all volunteer military. I don't know about others, but when I enlisted no one had a gun to my head. When you're in the military there are certain freedoms and comforts you give up, and you also expect that you'll be deployed at some point to some crap hole whether it is considered justified or not by random people on Internet forums. During those deployments you don't experience the Ritz. I'm still curious as to how US Servicemembers are denied religious freedom downrange. Perhaps you know something I don't. I'm sitting in Afghanistan right now only a hundred yards from the chapel. Perhaps I can bring it up to the chaplain that some guy on his couch back in the states feels as if troops don't have adequate freedom to practice their religion. I'm sure he's in a better position to know that. Of course, he's a Mormon, so he may be a part of this whole conspiracy to undermine religious freedoms of others.