So as always I'm debating submitting NFA stuff. SBR and maybe a suppressor. So with current wait times it's almost certain that me and my wife will be moving before the paperwork is finalized. We may stay in-state but there is a possibility of moving to another state.

Besides the items being legal in the new state of residence what are other concerns to consider for change of address during the process? Would a trust help?

Been in this spot before. Send a change of address in, whether it's finished or being processed. They just Change it as they process it or when it's done they update it. No worries. Super simple.

Awesome thanks for the info. As for engraved lowers. You just engrave it with the city you lived when submitting the paperwork?
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. Mine say Minnesota. But I live in TN. It honestly doesn't matter as long ass the paperwork matches. You'll have an approval form attached to your form 1 or 4. Whatever you did. Don't worry about it to much. Very very simple.

Did you use a form 5320? I'm moving 8 miles from where I live currently...not sure which form to submit.
I called The ATF and they said when I moved 2 miles away and changed addresses it wasn't a big deal because it was still the same city and state. But they said it was smart to still file the paperwork. I forgot the form number, it's just the transportation form and you write "permanent change of address" in the reason for transporting it. Pretttttty sure that's all I did when I moved here. And I have no filed a change from when I moved last year yet.