MURFREESBORO GUNSHOW 10/26-27

I was able to pick up a few small items today.  Dies I have no rifle for but know I will get eventually, a couple of cleaning mats, and some powder from Sam.  Overall, I didn't think it was bad.  I think people have to realize that the days of the old guns shows where deals seemed to be everywhere are over.  There are still some out there, but you have to look and be at the right place at the right time.  I saw one table with PMAG's at $25 for 20 rounders.   :stunned:  I know some of these guys probably bought high, but they are going to have eat their cake.  Doesn't matter to me, but you would think it's pretty obvious they aren't going to sell them for that.

Not the greatest show I have been too, but not the worst by far.  With a $2 discount coupon, it was worth $8.

Almost forgot, there was one guy there, always has ak parts and some various part kits for sale that had a couple of nice looking Egyptian Rasheed's on the table for a fair price.  Haven't seen one of them, let alone two, on a table in a long time.  If I wasn't broke I would be tempted to snag one.  Also,  there was an older fellow walking around with an honest to goodness Mosin Dragoon for sale; didn't ask how much he wanted for it though.

Went to the show Sunday afternoon. Got the ammo cans I needed... but, when I factored in the $10 entrance fee, I paid $64 for 5 ammo cans, and I got a $5 discount. No one had the mechanic's (tanker's?) larger bag I was looking for... not one in the whole house. Was also sort of shopping some Savage 24s... didn't see one in the house. Looked for a Ruger MKl magazine (I guess it's technically a clip as it's a .22), but only found  a MKlll for $37.50. Did not see a lot of walk around guns that I would be interested in. Talked to a lot of good people at the show, most said this was a slow show for them. I noticed that some of the "usuals" were not there today. Saw SKs priced around $500. Saw one box of Federal .22LR 325 round Match Grade" priced at $37.50. Didn't take anything to sell, but believe I could have sold something. Overall, I was a little bit disappointed... but, prefer it to Nashville hands down. I'm not complaining, just pointing out some facts for those that didn't make it. Yes, of course, I'll gladly go back. It's good "cheap" therapy!

Silly question... why would a magazine be called a clip if it were for 22? I've never heard that caliber had anything to do with it.

Musicman, I don't know, as I'm not a gun expert... just a gun lover. But I'm no spring chicken, and I've always heard that anything bigger than .22 is called a magazine, and that all the .22s were called clips. Maybe some of the qualified gun experts, which I am "not" one, can tell us why the .22 mags are called clips. Sorry, I don't know.

Thanks Hozzie. That's how I've always know it to be. I never heard of a caliber distinction and didn't think there was any truth to it, but I didn't want to just blurt it out. I was curious to see if there was something I was missing. Thanks for clearing it up! :-)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/24/dont-call-a-magazine-a-clip-we-spoke-with-an-ex-seal-about-the-difference-and-why-its-important/

Never thought I'd see a whole article devoted to this on theBlaze, but there it is! Cool to see Hickock45! Edited by musicman