MURFREESBORO GUNSHOW 10/26-27

Good to hang out with some TGOers today! I got some powder and primers from Sam, another mag for my 3913, and a follower for my 500 from Ken Arnold.

Ken was a super nice guy, and really helped me out today. I wanted the Choate orange follower to put in my Mossy. I almost bought one online last week, but held off, hoping to find one this weekend. He only had the part I was looking for as a piece of a larger kit he was selling. I didn't need all the other stuff. Without me even having time to ask, he popped it out of the kit and offered it to me for $4! He said it was no big deal, he has them individually back at his shop. He'll just throw one back in later to complete the kit again. I also checked out some of his other parts. I'll definitely be getting a good number of parts for my TGO AR build from Ken. I'm glad we have him as a site sponsor/vendor. I've seen him at the shows for awhile, but this was my first experience with him. I'm a happy customer! :-)

I'm thinking about going over there to get some ammo cans. Anybody remember what the 50 cal cans sell for? I think it's the 50 cal. It's the next larger size than the smallest one...20 cal, I think? Anyone remember the price on the small one? I'm pretty busy, and don't have time to "enjoy" the show... more like a run in, get them, and run out thing. Hate to burn $10 just for that...without being able to take in the show. maybe I'll have to catch it next time. Ugh!

Show was okay. I bought some powder from Sam. I found some used 44 mag brass, but no bullets in 44 mag were at whole show. Bought a nice Marlin 336 30/30 presafety, looks like new. Now to find some 150g ammo at Walmart, I hope.

I think I saw a pile of the 30MM cans for $10/ea. I didn't look for the 50s.

Thanks, I may not be calling them by the right name. I'm needing a couple of the smallest (I thought was 20 MM), and I need about three of the next larger size (maybe 30MM?), and a couple of the next larger size... maybe 50MM? I may have to just drop in there tomorrow after lunch. Just trying to get an idea of how much they were going to cost me. I saw a sticker on the biggest one I have for $15, so the rest must be below that... unless they have had a big price increase. Thanks again, Musicman.

Let me first start out by saying, the guy from Shooter's Guns & Ammo is a complete dick.

I ended up walking out empty handed, but my friend walked away with a stripped lower, grip, LPK, and a grip thingy for his LCP. He was like a kid in a candy store. I had as much fun watching him buy stuff for his first AR as he did buying it. It was a good day.

Come to think of it, I think they're 30 cal cans, not 30mm... doh! I'm not a can expert, so I could be completely wrong, too! I do remember being pleasantly surprised at the metal and plastic ammo can prices at the Reloaders Bench a couple weeks ago... I seem to remember $12-15 for really good lookin' stuff. Earlier tjis year I bought some metal cans on eBay from Blackstar Surplus in Oklahoma... I got four 50 cal cans for $53 shipped! I thought that was pretty good for not even having to put on pants to go out and buy 'em. They also have a website where you can order directly, but I saved like $6 through their auction. Be careful, some lots were good deals, where others were over $25ea!! Also, they have them in all different conditions, so be sure you know what you are getting. Mine were AS described; no better, no worse. Good luck!

Oh yea... back on topic.... wish I had a few hundred more dollars on me to spend at the show... there was plenty there to buy!
[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1054236" timestamp="1382816491"] Let me first start out by saying, the guy from Shooter's Guns & Ammo is a complete dick.[/quote] I'm sorry to hear that. He was pretty cool with me. Plus, he always seems to have decent prices on what I'm looking at at the time. Wish I had seen you there. It would have been cool to put a name with a face, if you know what I mean. I'm trying to talk a different buddy into going back up there tomorrow. If I do, I'll touch base with you too see if anyone else already found your dust cover. If not., I don't mind snagging it for you, if it's still there. Edited by BigK

I'm sorry to hear that. He was pretty cool with me. Plus, he always seems to have decent prices on what I'm looking at at the time.

Wish I had seen you there. It would have been cool to put a name with a face, if you know what I mean.

There was more than one guy there. I should have clarified that. If I remember correctly, this guy had dark hair and a black jacket. 

Come to think of it, I think they're 30 cal cans, not 30mm... doh! I'm not a can expert, so I could be completely wrong, too! I do remember being pleasantly surprised at the metal and plastic ammo can prices at the Reloaders Bench a couple weeks ago... I seem to remember $12-15 for really good lookin' stuff. Earlier tjis year I bought some metal cans on eBay from Blackstar Surplus in Oklahoma... I got four 50 cal cans for $53 shipped! I thought that was pretty good for not even having to put on pants to go out and buy 'em. They also have a website where you can order directly, but I saved like $6 through their auction. Be careful, some lots were good deals, where others were over $25ea!! Also, they have them in all different conditions, so be sure you know what you are getting. Mine were AS described; no better, no worse. Good luck!

Oh yea... back on topic.... wish I had a few hundred more dollars on me to spend at the show... there was plenty there to buy!

I appreciate that tip Musicman, but... I just might run over to the gun show after lunch tomorrow. That way, I can pick out the ones I want, if they still have them. I'm also interested in one of those canvas mechanics bag, larger than the one I have. Should make a good range bag for just plinking with the Ruger .22s.

So, now that the first day of the show is over...what's the verdict? Good show...bad show... or just so so? How about the prices...pretty stable or high? How about the ammo situation...loaded rounds and reloading supplies...plentiful...decent prices? What say you? Large crowd or lighter crowd? people are probably concerned about money, I know I am, with Christmas and the holidays just around the corner.

So, now that the first day of the show is over...what's the verdict? Good show...bad show... or just so so? How about the prices...pretty stable or high? How about the ammo situation...loaded rounds and reloading supplies...plentiful...decent prices? What say you? Large crowd or lighter crowd? people are probably concerned about money, I know I am, with Christmas and the holidays just around the corner.

Plenty of people and vendors. Most prices for the things were were looking for seemed pretty fair. Forged AR lowers for $79-$89. Plenty of ammo, but didn't pay much attention to prices. Did see one vendor selling 325 round bricks of .22LR for $40. Looked to be plenty of reloading supplies. I don't know anything about reloading, so what looked like plenty to me, may not have been plenty to those who know more about it. I didn't walk away feeling as if it were a waste of time.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

I'm sorry to hear that. He was pretty cool with me. Plus, he always seems to have decent prices on what I'm looking at at the time. Wish I had seen you there. It would have been cool to put a name with a face, if you know what I mean. I'm trying to talk a different buddy into going back up there tomorrow. If I do, I'll touch base with you too see if anyone else already found your dust cover. If not., I don't mind snagging it for you, if it's still there.

I do appreciate the offer, but I'm going to order a custom cover from Tactical Gear Junkie. That way I'll get exactly what I want for the same price. Thanks again.  :up:

Headed to the show. I'm bringing a synthetic/stainless Ruger 10/22 with box, papers, Bushnell scope and 100 rounds for $250, only shot a couple of times. I bought it in May this year and have the receipt with me. My friend is bringing his Armalite AR10 to sell. I will be wearing a orange t-shirt with big Browning buck on the back and FSU hat. Introduce yourself if you see me or are interested in my Ruger. Edited by rugerla1

Went early Sat. am. A bit disappointed in the show overall. Gun to junk ratio seems to keep going down. Couple of

empty tables, and a big empty spot in one isle. M'boro is still head & shoulders above Nashville. ( not hard to do )

I realize the junk rents tables/ helps pay their bills...but, if they're going to drop this crap in the show, reduce the price

of admission to $8 or less. You can see the same junk for free at a flea mkt.

JMHO

• Like 1

Went early Sat. am. A bit disappointed in the show overall. Gun to junk ratio seems to keep going down. Couple of
 empty tables, and a big empty spot in one isle. M'boro is still head & shoulders above Nashville. ( not hard to do )
 I realize the junk rents tables/ helps pay their bills...but, if they're going to drop this crap in the show, reduce the price
 of admission to $8 or less. You can see the same junk for free at a flea mkt.
 JMHO

What? You didn't need automatic wire strippers?? Lol I know what you mean. I sold my 10/22 fast, picked up some Pmags for 12 each. Ammo is down a little more from last show and more bulk boxes available. My buddy didn't sell his AR10 so its available still.

The wire stripper lady was pulling out all of the hard sell tactics too.  Went today and browsed around.  Ended up picking up a box of M2 ball ammo and a box of the new PPU ammo that is certified for the M1 Garand in prep for my SA special to show up soon from the CMP.

well, I'll put my :2cents: in.. this was my first show EVER... I wasn't that impressed. Didn't see any GREAT deals, did see some overpriced deals. I'd probably go back to one if I was bored... or needed to take a walk.

It would have been more fun with friends instead of alone. :fingerleft: