Official Muzzleloader Thread/Hunt results

Sweet! Good job Dave :)

Thanks Rob...she'll make a fine Thanksgiving dinner! That's our plan anyways. We always try to do some traditional food for thanksgiving. Two years ago was wild turkey, last year was wild pig and this year is deer. She dressed at 53  pounds (I just put her on the scales) so I could only imagine how tender that deer is going to be slow cooked on a smoker.

DaveS

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

*Droooool* Anyone can shoot an average deer, but those li'l gals...... Oh myyyy. So sweet & tender! If I were you, I'd roast her whole over an open pit with a spiced honey glaze, just like a sammich-hog.

Sent outta my ass by flying monkeys.

We thought about that. It's still and option! I don't much like to shoot these small deer, but I'm disabled and 9 out of 10 times I have to hunt by myself, and drag these deer out of the woods by myself. I got to "go small or not at all". I'm not ready to give up deer hunting yet! Plus they taste oh so good!

DaveS

Edited by DaveS
Guest Bonedaddy

That's my problem, Dave. If I shoot one, I hafta call a SIL to come help me get it and they usually oblige. Looks like my Sat. date in the blind has been cancelled by the family. I had no idea I would be goin' to Mempho to do a Xmas thang with the grandsons. Dagburnit! Don't know why but everytime I set a perfect day for "me" to do somethin' that "I" wanna do, it gets crapped on. GRRRRR.......!

That's my problem, Dave. If I shoot one, I hafta call a SIL to come help me get it and they usually oblige. Looks like my Sat. date in the blind has been cancelled by the family. I had no idea I would be goin' to Mempho to do a Xmas thang with the grandsons. Dagburnit! Don't know why but everytime I set a perfect day for "me" to do somethin' that "I" wanna do, it gets crapped on. GRRRRR.......!

I feel your pain Brother! I do a lot of cancelling my own hunts, as its so hard to find a good hunting partner. Oh well, life goes on!

DaveS

So a couple of days before muzzleloader season opened, I was sitting there thinking "I wish I hadn't sold my muzzleloader, dangit, who did I sell that too?". It's been several years and I was stumped for days trying to remember. Yesterday, a friend of mine that works for me is walking down the dock and says "Hey, you wanna buy your muzzleloader back?" LMAO! I was like, seriously, he couldn't have asked 2 weeks ago since it's 2 days before rifle season!?!? But I'm still getting it back, I can use it on WMA land close to the house, since I can't use centerfire. All in all, still glad he asked, I'm glad to have one back that I should have never sold.

Edited by rugerla1

So a couple of days before muzzleloader season opened, I was sitting there thinking "I wish I hadn't sold my muzzleloader, dangit, who did I sell that too?". It's been several years and I was stumped for days trying to remember. Yesterday, a friend of mine that works for me is walking down the dock and says "Hey, you wanna buy your muzzleloader back?" LMAO! I was like, seriously, he couldn't have asked 2 weeks ago since it's 2 days before rifle season!?!? But I'm still getting it back, I can use it on WMA land close to the house, since I can't use centerfire. All in all, still glad he asked, I'm glad to have one back that I should have never sold.

Why can't you use centerfire?

DaveS

thanks guys, it was a pretty good hunt, ive let a several does walk during these two weeks of muzzleloader, but went in with the mindset for yesterday evenings hunt "if its brown its down" lol. she was the only one I saw, she came out about 20 mns before total darkness, and she was by herself. so I didnt want to risk letting her walk and not seeing anymore. now that I have meat in the freezer, I will discriminate more on what I shoot next. 

Edited by reed1285
  • Like 1

thanks guys, it was a pretty good hunt, ive let a several does walk during these two weeks of muzzleloader, but went in with the mindset for yesterday evenings hunt "if its brown its down" lol. she was the only one I saw, she came out about 20 mns before total darkness, and she was by herself. so I didnt want to risk letting her walk and not seeing anymore. now that I have meat in the freezer, I will discriminate more on what I shoot next. 

I got another little meat doe for the freezer, now me and "Ol' Git Some" can hunt quality deer now.

DaveS

• Like 2