What I would like

DWARREN123

You guys know I'm just kidding around, right? ;) I personally like the Glocks better for several reasons.....they really just suit my needs better than anything else. If I were a good sized man and wore a belt all the time I'd probably have a nice 1911 in my collection too! I will admit, they are pretty :D

Back on topic.....I think a G26 or 27 with a single stack mag would definitely be AWESOME! Come on Gaston, give us a slimline 27! :cool:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it's a P7.
Well we can make a few exceptions

Know of any besides the P7?

One of my experienced concepts (don't want to call it a rule) is that the gun must be able to de-cock and re-cock. That's the only thing that keeps the XD-M off of my approved list.

Guest bkelm18
Know of any besides the P7?

One of my experienced concepts (don't want to call it a rule) is that the gun must be able to de-cock and re-cock. That's the only thing that keeps the XD-M off of my approved list.

May I ask why? Not starting a fight or anything, I really am just curious.

May I ask why? Not starting a fight or anything, I really am just curious.

No problem. That's fine.

The reason the P7s (P7M8 in my case) fit in with the guns with hammers is that it can be de-cocked and re-cocked. In fact it happens automatically with the P7 family of handguns. A very good idea, IMHO.

With handguns like the USP or Beretta 92, I can (and do) de-cock before holstering. Also, the P7s can be field stripped without dry firing (as can the XD-M)

It's just a very well thought out weapon.

Maybe I missed your point. The reason to de-cock is for safety. No Glock Butt or Glock Leg (at least with no field stripping). The reason to re-cock is the superiority of SA over DA.

Edited by Marswolf
Guest bkelm18
No problem. That's fine.

The reason the P7s (P7M8 in my case) fit in with the guns with hammers is that it can be de-cocked and re-cocked. In fact it happens automatically with the P7 family of handguns. A very good idea, IMHO.

With handguns like the USP or Beretta 92, I can (and do) de-cock before holstering. Also, the P7s can be field stripped without dry firing (as can the XD-M)

It's just a very well thought out weapon.

Maybe I missed your point. The reason to de-cock is for safety. No Glock Butt or Glock Leg (at least with no field stripping). The reason to re-cock is the superiority of SA over DA.

Ok, thanks. Yeah I was just curious why you wanted your weapons to have hammers and/or able to decock/recock. I do see a big advantage in being able to field strip without having to pull the trigger.

Have you ever held or shot a G36? It is roughly the same length, 1/4" shorter and 1/16" narrower than the G19. It only holds 6 rounds of .45 ACP (+1 in the chamber).

Yeah and your pinky flaps in the wind with the magazine removed,same thing with the 30.I hate that.Make the damn things an inch longer and add another round.That would be nice.

Edited by Grout

Glocks have the simplicity and lower costs and reliability with normal factory ammunition (but nothing else) that is highly desirable. It just has some safety concerns.

Some people are willing to pay more for the same reliability with greater safety, and some aren't.

With the current rate of the dollar against the euro, all are increasing in price. I feel the same

about a blocky ass heavy H&K All your paying for is hype and a name.

Just like some people like to be at home having there coffee instead of sitting around at a

mall having theirs with a bunch of geezers at a higher price for said cup of coffee. I

guess you pay for what you get.

Edited by R1100R
Guest sermon8r
Have you ever held or shot a G36? It is roughly the same length, 1/4" shorter and 1/16" narrower than the G19. It only holds 6 rounds of .45 ACP (+1 in the chamber).

yea... I have a G-30... 10+1

why get a G-36 when a Officer 1911 is smaller and 7+1

Guest sermon8r
Yeah and your pinky flaps in the wind with the magazine removed,same thing with the 30.I hate that.Make the damn things an inch longer and add another round.That would be nice.

G-19 in 45ACP 12+1