Non scientific test

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unreconstructed1
They probably won't worry about you since there is so little chance of either of those firearms actually discharging.

:D

don't worry, mine actually work. I learned how to properly maintain and grip a pistol.:lol:

Probably not the wisest thing to do while open carrying. Makes us HCP carriers look bad when we do not obey an establishments rules....even though it wasn't posted "properly." Now if your gun was well concealed and you walked past the sign......well that's another story :D

I don't understand why you draw the distinction? Either he was doing something wrong, or he was doing something right.

it's simply my opinion that there are a few thugs out there that are just brazen enough, if they see that nice Kimber or Glock on your side they may want it bad enough to ambush you with a hammer, pipe etc. to get it. To them it's just as good as waving a stack of $100 bills around.

Are you aware of any examples of this actually happening?

Because it seems to me it would be a hell of a lot easier and safer to bust out a car window and jack a high $$$$ GPS unit than it would be to *try* to rush a guy just to get his gun.

Are you aware of any examples of this actually happening?

Because it seems to me it would be a hell of a lot easier and safer to bust out a car window and jack a high $$$$ GPS unit than it would be to *try* to rush a guy just to get his gun.

I haven't personally heard of that happening to a CCW holder but have seen videos where perps have tried to take a cops gun away, and have succeeded a few times. I know that was an escape attempt but I wouldn't put it past a crack crazed thug to try to mug you for your weapon.

But the better reason to carry concealed is to avoid unnecessary confrontations/arguments from liberal do-gooders or gun phobics who involve LEO's.

Edited by K191145
I don't understand why you draw the distinction? Either he was doing something wrong, or he was doing something right.

Well, the distinction would be that if he was carrying concealed and went in and started yelling and cussing, that wouldn't be cause/concern for the establishment to post legal no carry signs. You see, they wouldn't KNOW he had a gun. On the other hand, the guy OC's and starts yelling and cussing, that gun on his side is definitely going to cause the management to, at the very least, start thinking about putting up legal no carry signs.

Point is, if you want to OC, then fine, it's legal, do it if you want to.......but use your head and do it smart and responsibly. Don't draw attention to yourself even more by being a horses a** while you do it. The only thing that's going to accomplish is getting more places to post legal no carry signs and most likely get the law changed back to CC only.

Well, the distinction would be that if he was carrying concealed and went in and started yelling and cussing, that wouldn't be cause/concern for the establishment to post legal no carry signs. You see, they wouldn't KNOW he had a gun. On the other hand, the guy OC's and starts yelling and cussing, that gun on his side is definitely going to cause the management to, at the very least, start thinking about putting up legal no carry signs.

Point is, if you want to OC, then fine, it's legal, do it if you want to.......but use your head and do it smart and responsibly. Don't draw attention to yourself even more by being a horses a** while you do it. The only thing that's going to accomplish is getting more places to post legal no carry signs and most likely get the law changed back to CC only.

+ 1

Well I didn't go in yelling and cussing. I didnt start to get abrupt until she started acting like she didn't give a crap and getting an attitude of "I'm right your wrong deal with it".

I also doubt she even saw the gun as it sinks pretty well into my side and the counters there are chest high.

But really people the whole point of the story is OC isn't as big of a deal as some make it out to be.