Swiss K31 question

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiss surplus GP11 ammo has by far the best reputation of surplus available.  Basically match grade from surplus.  Of course it's not as widely available and more pricey than other surplus calibers, but it is known as really good ammo.  It is Berdan primed, so if you want to save brass for reloading, commercial variants would be the way to go.

Swiss surplus GP11 ammo has by far the best reputation of surplus available.  Basically match grade from surplus.  Of course it's not as widely available and more pricey than other surplus calibers, but it is known as really good ammo.  It is Berdan primed, so if you want to save brass for reloading, commercial variants would be the way to go.

This. 

GP11 is the good stuff, I've never had any issue finding it.  It was scarce when everything was scarce, but supply came back quickly.  I've got a couple boxes of Hornady hunting ammo for whenever I find time to try deer hunting, but I've only shot a few of those simply to verify POI. 

GP 11 is very accurate. 

Out of curiosity I checked some GP11 for neck rounout. I shoot for .001" or less runout on my handloads. They were around .001". Much better than some high dollar box .308 I have checked. They made rifles/ammo like they make watches.

As already stated, the GP11 is some of the best ammo for this gun.  Since your semi local, might want to check out Wideners in Johnson City as they have some in stock.  Need to order on their website and pickup or have it sent to you.  Sportsman's Guide as well as AIM have the ammo too.

Other than this, most people I know that shoot this gun reload their own.  For short range general plinking, light loads work great (110grn bullet).  This round is pretty easy to reload for and brass can be purchased from Grafs.

Enjoy, it is an accurate and nicely made rifle.

Michael