Gasoline Shortage? - Freak Out!

Guest GUTTERbOY

Just drove down Lovell Road and passed 5 gas stations in about a mile, none with any lines and none with any pump shortages.

Noticed a Pilot tanker at Pilot filling up the underground tanks.

Prices were as they were yesterday, still under $3.99 for "regular"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reports saying it has just gone up .02-.03 are lying.

Here in Harriman It has gone from 3.69 to 4.19 in less than 24 hours.

People at the stations are still saying 6.00 per gallon soon.

Police are directing trafic in Kingston at the Raceway because they are still 3.61,you are getting alot of water there though.

Guest abailey362

wonder how much gas people are burning sitting in line to save .10/gallon. that's maybe $2 in a SUV....which equates to about half a gallon. 30 minutes in line......probably more expensive this way....not to mention the wasted time.

I was filling up last night (because my car was getting low) and the gas station that didn't have lines was out of everything but premium for 3.72. The station down the street had regular for 3.58 and about a 7-8 car line at each pump. While I was getting the premium I saw multiple cars drive in....see that they had to spend a few cents more to get the premium and drive out to go sit in line to save a dollar or two.....idiots

Yeah, things are crazy around here. I had to run to Bristol and prices were $3.87 per gallon at Wally-World (LONG LINES) to over $4.00 at Shell stations.

The storm isn't the problem. Oil companies plan for storms. As I understand it, the three major gasoline pipelines are still operating at full capacity. There is no shortage of fuel except for people filling their tanks because they think there is a shortage.

But that means there is no reason for the distributors to raise their prices.... They are just asking for government regulation.

Good news: Diesel hasnt risen

Bad News: Almost every station in Sevierville is out of gas...all but one station in Gatlinburg is out (dont know about Pigeon Forge)

Give it 4 or 5 days and prices will be back to "normal" If your planning on coming to the car show this weekend fill up on the interstate...even Pilot is charging $4.50 for their sh*tty gas.

Guest sigmaguy

I just had one my co-workers come in with a picture his wife just sent him of fuel prices @ a station on Hwy43 in Greenhill, AL.

Regular Unleaded - $5.35

Diesel - $4.09

FTR. Here in Lawrenceburg, it was $3.79 @ noon. thats up $0.20 since 8am this morning.

Headline in Knoxville paper this morning said Knoxville is out of gas. (Yes I still read the newspaper). Brings back the good old days. What next Carter (Obama) and a TP shortage.:lol:

I thought about the TP shortage too. The one I loved was the "salt shortage" rumor. Morton said they could only hope for that. They said they had one salt mine in Alabama that could supply the US for at least 400 years.

I can remember back in 1973 when there actually, sorta, was a gasoline shortage, thanks to the Arab Oil Embargo. (Pesky Arabs as usual) Gasoline went to a dollar a gallon (from about 37 cents) and gasoline was rationed and you could only buy on alternate days dependent on whether the last number on your tag was odd or even. Really, there was plenty of gasoline as long as people didn't stop at each station to top off the tank.

Much of the gasoline is refined at Texas City, just inland from Galveston Island. They will be back up refining in about a week and gasoline prices will really fall as everyone burns their expensive gasoline from their tank. Winds from this storm are not that horrible. That's what harms the drilling platforms. It's the diameter of Ike that will drive storm surges and kill Galveston Island because it is only 7 feet above sea level.

Right now, Ike is 175 miles from Galveston and at 105 MPH winds. Not a big deal for oil platforms in the Gulf, but a real problem for low-lying areas on the coast in a shallow coastal plain.

"Molon"... I ask myself that every morning when I get up and turn on the news. If not a full blown "Zombie Apocalypse" how about at least some good out fashion "civil unrest"... like when they call for flurries. :lol:

Good thing im AOW equipped to deal with civil disturbances...maybe I should camp out on the car lot this weekend to keep the fuel siphoners away :lol:

Just had a Deputy bolt out of the store responding to another fist fight at a nearby gas station.

Things are looking good for the weekend. The riff raff will be busy beating each other up so I guess the rest of the town will be clear for other activities.

I thought about the TP shortage too. The one I loved was the "salt shortage" rumor. Morton said they could only hope for that. They said they had one salt mine in Alabama that could supply the US for at least 400 years.

I can remember back in 1973 when there actually, sorta, was a gasoline shortage, thanks to the Arab Oil Embargo. (Pesky Arabs as usual) Gasoline went to a dollar a gallon (from about 37 cents) and gasoline was rationed and you could only buy on alternate days dependent on whether the last number on your tag was odd or even. Really, there was plenty of gasoline as long as people didn't stop at each station to top off the tank.

Much of the gasoline is refined at Texas City, just inland from Galveston Island. They will be back up refining in about a week and gasoline prices will really fall as everyone burns their expensive gasoline from their tank. Winds from this storm are not that horrible. That's what harms the drilling platforms. It's the diameter of Ike that will drive storm surges and kill Galveston Island because it is only 7 feet above sea level.

Right now, Ike is 175 miles from Galveston and at 105 MPH winds. Not a big deal for oil platforms in the Gulf, but a real problem for low-lying areas on the coast in a shallow coastal plain.

You can go to Foxnews.com and open up the yellow banner video at the top and it will give you raw footage from Seawall Blvd of the Gulf coming over the seawall. Geraldo got taken out a few minutes ago by a wave!

Good thing im AOW equipped to deal with civil disturbances...maybe I should camp out on the car lot this weekend to keep the fuel siphoners away :lol:

Wish Id thought of that sooner!

When I replaced my fuel pump couple weeks back,I found a cut off water hose in the bottom of my tank! Damn gas nazis!

I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that in Franklin (cool springs area) there was an altercation at a gas station between two men after one cut in line. The confrontation continued in to Starbucks where the men reportedly sat down and had a *frappuccino together and exchanged their attorney's information. So yeah... society here in Franklin is hanging by a thread... buttless chapps and roving bands of mutant hoards in mercedes and hummers looking for gas can't be far behind. :lol:

*No word yet if frappuccino's had heavy cream added to them.