Drool

chipperi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rugerman
Nothing against S&W as it it what I currently carry but I already have 2 S&W autos and 1 revolver. Fine guns I just want to broaden my horizons :(

The P345 will be a good changeup. Ruger's polymer's are quite unique. Like I said before, trigger pull is the big drawback. Get one with a good trigger and you got a fine looking and shooting gun. How did the P345 fit your hand? They can be a bit "top heavy", big thick gun up top and thin, lightweight grip.

• Administrator
Nothing against S&W as it it what I currently carry but I already have 2 S&W autos and 1 revolver. Fine guns I just want to broaden my horizons :panic:

Whenever I try to broaden my horizons, I tend to want to improve upon things rather than take a few steps back. Ruger makes fine revolvers and rimfire rifles, but they don't yet make an automatic that I would want to own.

The 4516 that you carry now is nothing like the M&P lineup. But it does appear that you like heavy, clunky, brick-like firearms based on the ones that you have listed so far. Maybe a SIG would be more to your liking.

:(

I had a P345 with some serious trigger issues. Terrible trigger. Make sure you get to dry fire it before purchasing. Just my .02. Fine gun otherwise.

Just make sure you do NOT Dry fire it without a magazine in the gun...can damage it.

Edited by I_Like_Pie

Not really sure if this is the right place to put this but here go's anyway.

I have a S&W 40cal and when i go target practices I am for the middle and win up hiting to the lowere left cornner. Tryed many of things to hit the millde but not happening.

Any surgestion?

P.S. Sorry about the spelling.

Guest superdrew4000
Do yourself a favor and check out the Smith & Wesson M&P 45. It's a lot more ergonomic and better built than either of those two.

+1

Man, now you guys have me getting the itch again! I was trying to skip a trip to the range this week and save a little cash... ah, well, it's only money.

Edited by superdrew4000

My P345 fit my hand perfectly. Trigger was great. As others have said, do not dry fire it without a mag in. It has a magazine disconnect safety and can damage the firing pin if fired without the mag in. There's a simple way to remove this safety. I did that to mine since I really don't trust magazine disc. safeties.

I liked the Taurus because it had the second chance trigger, it was light, small, fit my large hands, and was priced decent. As far as taking a step back, I don't think so, it's like Rustlers and Levi's the only thing different is the name. I have handled several different Taurus's. As a matter of fact before I was old enough to own a handgun, my uncle used to lend me a pt92 to take to the cabin and shoot. I am not a "brand whore" I just want good quality for my dollar.

• Administrator

Second-strike capability is bad juju. If a round doesn't go *BANG* when you pull the trigger, your immediate response should be a failure drill. Tap, rack, bang. When seconds count, you want to Murphy Proof the situation.

Suppose I'm your attacker. I am 10 feet from you and I have a knife. You draw, aim and *CLICK* your gun doesn't fire. You *CLICK* again because it's a bad round or you simply forgot to chamber a round and wasted precious seconds to try a "second strike" with the trigger on an empty chamber.

Guess where I am now. I'm no longer 10 feet from you. I've got my knife buried in your guts and I'm stabbing the hell out of you, repeatedly. You never get a chance to rack the slide and the police report subsequent to your murder shows that you had a fine DA/SA pistol that had an empty chamber or a bad round in it.

Had you immediately chambered a fresh round when it went *CLICK* the first time, you might still be alive and I might be the guy on the autopsy table.

Think about it.

Guest Verbal Kint
Dang! Never thought about second strike like that! :tough:

Most people don't or won't. They simply feel confident in what the manufacturers pitch as their sales tactics and new features. However, the fine gentlemen at CIS (and other training schools) will provide such information and other valuable training.

Based on the reviews from my brother, who attended their class, as well as other members on here who have given some insight on their experience, I can definitely tell you that CIS will be seeing a lot of my money next year. I plan on attending several of their courses in 2009. :)

Second-strike capability is bad juju. If a round doesn't go *BANG* when you pull the trigger, your immediate response should be a failure drill. Tap, rack, bang. When seconds count, you want to Murphy Proof the situation.

Suppose I'm your attacker. I am 10 feet from you and I have a knife. You draw, aim and *CLICK* your gun doesn't fire. You *CLICK* again because it's a bad round or you simply forgot to chamber a round and wasted precious seconds to try a "second strike" with the trigger on an empty chamber.

Guess where I am now. I'm no longer 10 feet from you. I've got my knife buried in your guts and I'm stabbing the hell out of you, repeatedly. You never get a chance to rack the slide and the police report subsequent to your murder shows that you had a fine DA/SA pistol that had an empty chamber or a bad round in it.

Had you immediately chambered a fresh round when it went *CLICK* the first time, you might still be alive and I might be the guy on the autopsy table.

Think about it.

If that thug with a knife 10 feet away is me, you won't get a chance to draw your weapon, much less tap-rack-bang. :rolleyes: But I agree, double strike capability is highly overrated.