IWB Holster Recommendations

I have an M&P9 compact. I want to carry it IWB but so far I haven't found a comfortable holster. I tried a highnoon bare asset and a blade tec but both are too bulky and show a big bulge. I really don't want to waste any more money and the stores don't carry anything I can try out. I appreciate your input.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an M&P9 compact. I want to carry it IWB but so far I haven't found a comfortable holster. I tried a highnoon bare asset and a blade tec but both are too bulky and show a big bulge. I really don't want to waste any more money and the stores don't carry anything I can try out. I appreciate your input.

High Noon makes some good stuff, but IMNSHO, ANY IWB holster that has clip on the fat part of holster is too bulky. Clips or loops on flatter extremes of holster design will always press closer to your bod and be less bulky at the already widest part of the rig.

I'm a D.M. Bullard fan, great blend of quality/price, and he has most already ready to ship.

Here's my fav IWB holster, the Dual Carry, for your gun:

http://estore.websitepros.com/1565531/Detail.bok?no=343

Descriptive page:

http://www.dmbullardleather.com/1429711.html

Has money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Lots of folks here and everywhere swear by the Crossbreed or MTAC, and I'm sure they are fine products, but I just love all leather (although I use a Kydex pocket holster also).

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I have a M&P40c and I purcahsed a MTAC for my first holster and I've never bought another.

Conceals great and you can wear it 14 hours a day without any issues.

I wear with all types of clothing without any issue of concealment or comfort.

MTACHolster40c.jpg

Guest eyebedam

I started a similiar thread a couple weeks back. Read through it & I belive you will chose the MTAC from Comp-Tac. Its what I decided to go with.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11849

If you want a couple other good reads & they will probably lead you to the same choice then read these.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/3721095611/p/1

I hope this helps.

Edited by eyebedam

It may be a day late and a dollar short but I have a Milt Sparks versa-max2 and becuase the loops are on either side of the gun you don't have as much of a bulge and it while it is a little expensive it is a well made piece

While you are on Comp-Tac's website, check out the CTAC as well. How are you built? Not trying to ruffle any feathers or offend anyone, but it seems that guys who complain about the CTAC being uncomfortable are the ones who are, shall we say, portly. Also, some have commented that the big leather layer on the MTAC causes them to sweat more in the summer. I use the CTAC, and have been happy with it. I'm not advocating one over the other, just trying to provide more info. I see you're in Memphis--if you could go to RangeUSA on Tuesday nights for their IDPA match or Rangemaster on Friday nights, you could probably see an example of both.

Guest sermon8r
I have a M&P40c and I purcahsed a MTAC for my first holster and I've never bought another.

Conceals great and you can wear it 14 hours a day without any issues.

I wear with all types of clothing without any issue of concealment or comfort.

MTACHolster40c.jpg

Oh Yea...

Guest sermon8r
While you are on Comp-Tac's website, check out the CTAC as well. How are you built? Not trying to ruffle any feathers or offend anyone, but it seems that guys who complain about the CTAC being uncomfortable are the ones who are, shall we say, portly. Also, some have commented that the big leather layer on the MTAC causes them to sweat more in the summer. I use the CTAC, and have been happy with it. I'm not advocating one over the other, just trying to provide more info. I see you're in Memphis--if you could go to RangeUSA on Tuesday nights for their IDPA match or Rangemaster on Friday nights, you could probably see an example of both.

It does sweat but with an undershirt and boxers underneath its fine....

I looked at the Bearclaw and it is very similar to the Blade-tec that I currently have. I have ordered a j-hook for the Blade-tec but I still think it will be too bulky. I like the idea of the clips not being on the thickest part of the holster.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been very happy with my HBE Leatherworks holster. Two-week turnaround from the placement of the order to me having it in my hands, customized service, and a seemingly durable product. That said, I have read that he has had problems in the past, but they more-or-less seem to be resolved now.

+1

I have the slide version as well.

i really had my doubts about these CTACs before i put one on. i had about given up on IWB carry of my glocks, as nothing i tried worked for me with them. but with this CTAC i can carry a fullsized G22 IWB with very little effort to conceal it...i just love this holster. in warmer weather the G27 just disappears. i'm on the chunky side and i feel the CTACs are one of the most comfortable IWB rigs out there...

I just ordered the V clips (velcro) for my CTAC, found a place a half mile from work that will sew velcro on the back side of my belt...can't wait to completely disappear, while being tucked in!

Guest Verbal Kint

http://www.thebeltman.net/

I know I keep tossing that link out, whenever someone mentions getting a good gun belt... but his belts truly do kick ass. I received mine as a birthday present from my brother one year, after previously using a reinforced Galco leather belt, and the difference with the "thebeltman's belt" is night and day.

I'm sure you've done at least some digging around already... but search around... everyone that has tried his belts rave about them. Best money you'll spend, next to a good holster, IMO.

Who is doing the velcro? I took mine to Guys Shoe & Luggage Repair on Stage Rd. They charged about $12, I think. I would like a Comp-Tac belt, but haven't yet been able to stomach the $95 price tag.

It is a shoe repair shop on Sanderline/Mendenhall, beside Kroger, Cobblestone Shoe Repair, he is charging me $7.50. By the way, it is a Galco gun belt, 1 1/2". It doesn't move, sag or anything. It looks like a dress belt.

http://www.thebeltman.net/

I know I keep tossing that link out, whenever someone mentions getting a good gun belt... but his belts truly do kick ass. I received mine as a birthday present from my brother one year, after previously using a reinforced Galco leather belt, and the difference with the "thebeltman's belt" is night and day.

I'm sure you've done at least some digging around already... but search around... everyone that has tried his belts rave about them. Best money you'll spend, next to a good holster, IMO.

Yes, I have looked at his stuff before. I like them. When I need a new belt, I will purchase them from him. I have had this one for almost 2 years, has some scratches from the ctac clips and my cell phone clip, but the belt is holding up well.