Range time with my new EDC

Mykltn

As some of you know I recently purchased a gently used Seecamp LWS32. The pistol is intended for weak hand front pocket carry as a BUG to my primary weapon. The size and constructon of the pistol was what first drew me to it and the very positive reviews is what sealed the purchase. Unfortunately after getting it a few weeks ago, I was not able to get any range time with it until today. First let me say this is a defense gun only. Its not a suitable range gun or tactical weapon. It has no sights and will only feed quality defense hollow point ammo (ball ammo is too long to fit in the magazine). So its expensive to shoot and hard to aim using your eye. That being said, it is a very effective defense weapon when using the military combat point and shoot training method originally developed for the 1911. When I tried sighting down the barrel, I missed horribly. But when exercising proper grip and alignment, I was able to simply point the firearm like I'd point my finger and score very respectable hits on the target at 5 yards. After 40 rounds of Hornady 60 grain XTP with no issues, I can now honestly say "I love this gun". For anyone debating on a pocket carry piece, the Seecamp is absoluty one to consider.
IMG_20140209_172115.jpg
10x10 target at 5 yards (15 feet) using point and shoot aiming.

Edited by Mykltn
  • Like 2

Glad it worked well for you.
My hand and finger wouldn't survive a 40 round range session with my LWS 380.
About two magazines and I'm ready to move on to something a bit more civil.

Luckily mine is the .32 so its not as snappy as the .380.