Knife experts, I need a bit of assistance

I am working out a deal with someone, and part of that deal is a Woodard automatic knife. He's not sure which model it is, but after looking at some pictures, it looks to be this Combat Auto. The pictures he sent aren't the greatest help, but I think I can make out enough.

As you can see at the link, the price is a bit steep. I am not that much of a knife expert to know if the listed price is realistic or not, and I definitely don't want to overpay for something I'm probably going to sell anyway.

Are these knives any good? Could I get anywhere int he ballpark of what they are listed for at the link above? The link states that the knife is "pre-owned", and so is this one. He claims it's in perfect shape, and has never been used.

cdfdfdf_zpse304b1e5.jpg

unnamed_zps19b5bbf1.jpg

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it looks like the one you linked. If you think you can flip it or don't mind hanging onto it, go for it. Price seems absurd to me unless it's very rare and/or hand made, but I have no idea what the market is like for boutique knives. Personally, I'd take a case of ammo over it any day. Edited by peejman

Are these knives any good?

Yes

Buck Woodard is a very good knife maker.

Could I get anywhere int he ballpark of what they are listed for at the link above?

Depends upon what you consider the ballpark.  You should be able to get 80% of that listed price with no difficulty as long as the knife is in mint condition. 

With knives the critical question is:

Has it been carried or just part of the collection that has never been sharpened and only flipped but nothing cut with it?  

Edited by hso