Imported/Surplus Rounds

DrCoxx122

[quote name="Garufa" post="1142796" timestamp="1398463960"]Pythons cost a fortune even back in the day. Colt has always been proud of their products.[/quote] I guess you're right now that I think about it. Probably why I didn't buy one then. Well then I guess I should have bought a garage load of SKS' s. :) Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
[quote name="gregintenn" post="1142905" timestamp="1398478706"]Why?[/quote] Assuming the why question relates to my Python comment, it was based on OS talking about guns increasing in value. Since Pythons are running around $1200 - $1500 today, there would have been a nice profit to be had if I had a boat load to sell.

If you're going to get an AK, I'd advise getting a Saiga.   It's worth the extra expense over a WASR for sure.     

totally disagree.  What does a Saiga do that a WASR doesn't?

I'd put my WASR up against any other AK I have ever seen or shot.   You certainly don't want to be downrange of me if I need the WASR to defend my home.

I'd put my WASR up against any other AK I have ever seen or shot.   You certainly don't want to be downrange of me if I need the WASR to defend my home.

You are correct in that both fill the job of being very reliable rifles, which is the important point.  IMO a converted Saiga has a better "fit, finish, and feel" than the WASR.     

Guest tangojuliet

vepr vs wasr lets go ....

Time to muddy the water.

I just bought a VZ2008 rifle in 7.62x39.  It's a semi-auto only copy of the Czech VZ58 service rifle.  I remembered shooting one while in the Army many years ago and liked it much better than any AK I've seen.

The VZ2008 is a decent choice for home defense.  Lighter than an AK, very compact with the folding stock, more ergonomic than the AK variants (like THAT'S hard to do!), has a bolt hold-open, more accurate, and spare parts are very cheap right now.  Drawback is that it doesn't use the same magazines as the AK.  But the magazines are aluminum, high quality, and very light compared to the heavy steel AK mags.  Cost is over $600.  But that's seems to be what AKs are going for as well.

BTW, after coming home from the range, my wife stole the VZ2008. :shrug:

• Like 1