Where to go

Guest rjackson

Guest rjackson

Greetings, I'm new to TGO. I'm not what you would call a "big" gun enthusiast but I do enjoy learning about guns, especially rifles. I recently took a job north of Nashville and my family and I are in the process of moving here from Arkansas. I own a Remington Nylon 66 Apache and I'm looking for a place to shoot. We don't have a lot of money so I can't afford an expensive firing range. Are there any rifle lovers in this area that get together for target practice? Where would be a good place to go to shoot or to meet other rifle enthusiasts? Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Tennessee and to TGO.

Try the Stones River Hunter Education Center on Hobson Pike south of Nashville. It's well run, clean, new(ish), and affordable.

It's operated by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

If nobody posts a link in the next little while, I'll come back and add one.

Guest rjackson

Right now I temporarily live in Portland. That's where my job is. We plan on living somewhere in the Hendersonville area. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Right now I temporarily live in Portland. That's where my job is. We plan on living somewhere in the Hendersonville area. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

I'm in the Hendersonville area, but I can't think of anywhere to shoot rifles. Unless you know someone, it can be difficult finding somewhere other than a "range" to shoot.

Welcome to the area....We live in Gallatin and love the area. I also sell Real Estate here and Hendersonville as well (hang my liscense at the Hendersonville office of Crye-Leike). There are really no places to shoot other than private land thats here close. I have a few land owners that I do business with that I use to dial in scopes and such..."pm" me and I'll see what I can find in the Portland area as well....welcome!