Local LEO encounter

well Saturday afternoon I get a call from my daughter, crying and in a weak voice "daddy I've been in a wreck". Dang my world goes into overdrive. I bail out of the house so fast with the grand children my wife (she was at the grocery store) tells me I left the house unlocked and the alarm off:wall: .

Any way I get to the seen of the accident, couldn't find my daughters car, fearing the worst all I could think of is that it was under the pickup in the ditch. It wasn't I just didn't see it first look around.

She had been truning left onto the road I live on and some dip not paying attention to what he was doing hit her in the rear, pushed her way down the road and rolled off the road into a ditch.

She's ok. A little shaken, but the car, a 99 grand prix, clipped in the right rear IMHO is crap but we will let the insurance deal with that.

After everything is over, I'm standing there talking with the deputy and he looks me straight in the face and says "what ya packing?" Oh crap, in my excitement I forgot and it had become exposed (no big deal, as long as my duaghter was safe I can take some crap from a cop). So I tell him it's a S&W M&P40C, he asks how I like it, ECT. Acts like it's nothing, he was just curious.

Funny thing is, he is carrying a glock, with a home made grip reduction and home made stipling. :up:. I mena it was nasty looking, but he liked it.

Any way I just wanted to say that all LEO's are not out to get us for carrying.

He was very professional in the way he handled the whole thing, but I have to wonder what all the other people thought about it.:P

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheBulldog
well Saturday afternoon I get a call from my daughter, crying and in a weak voice "daddy I've been in a wreck". Dang my world goes into overdrive. I bail out of the house so fast with the grand children my wife (she was at the grocery store) tells me I left the house unlocked and the alarm off:wall: .

Any way I get to the seen of the accident, couldn't find my daughters car, fearing the worst all I could think of is that it was under the pickup in the ditch. It wasn't I just didn't see it first look around.

She had been truning left onto the road I live on and some dip not paying attention to what he was doing hit her in the rear, pushed her way down the road and rolled off the road into a ditch.

She's ok. A little shaken, but the car, a 99 grand prix, clipped in the right rear IMHO is crap but we will let the insurance deal with that.

After everything is over, I'm standing there talking with the deputy and he looks me straight in the face and says "what ya packing?" Oh crap, in my excitement I forgot and it had become exposed (no big deal, as long as my duaghter was safe I can take some crap from a cop). So I tell him it's a S&W M&P40C, he asks how I like it, ECT. Acts like it's nothing, he was just curious.

Funny thing is, he is carrying a glock, with a home made grip reduction and home made stipling. :up:. I mena it was nasty looking, but he liked it.

He was very professional in the way he handled the whole thing, but I have to wonder what all the other people thought about it.:P

Good deal, send that LEO a thank you note and let him know you admire his professional attitude towards you.

It goes a LONG way to making things better and it will make him feel good about it also.

Funny thing is, he is carrying a glock, with a home made grip reduction and home made stipling. :hat:. I mena it was nasty looking, but he liked it.

He was very professional in the way he handled the whole thing, but I have to wonder what all the other people thought about it.:meh:

See, we can play well with others!:D

Guest clutepc

Always nice to hear about the professionals out there. Good Post :hat:

LEO's probably don't hear Thank you near as much as they should for the job they do.

Edited by clutepc
Guest db99wj
Always nice to hear about the professionals out there. Good Post :)

LEO's probably don't hear Thank you near as much as they should for the job they do.

Absolutely!

Guest Todd@CIS

I can honestly say that this is the norm for my Dept.

Also, since starting our company, Dustin and I have gotten nothing but best wishes and support from our Police Admininstration and co-workers.

Do we have anti-gun/anti-HCP cops? Sure, but they are very much the ignorant and tiny minority.

dralarms, thank you for relating this experience.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest coldblackwind

I had one do that with me, but it was my car he was looking at. Walked all around it, listed off 5 things he could ticket me for, then told me to buckle up, and have a good night. My hcp class was actually given by a woodbury police officer, told us stuff I'm not so sure a cop should tell you...

Well, I got good experiences with LEOs, Just look at TN Robocop - Shawn, met thru another site and did a ride along one night, and we've been friends ever since and yes, there's a few share of bad cops, but for every bad cop there's a lot more good ones..

Mad props to the LEOs and definitely the Firefighters and EMS, they get to deal with stuff that I would probably not to deal with.. Hey Todd, when's the next AR class?

I know, and have worked for years around many a LEO. Only real problems I have had was with a few Air Marshals...actually only 2 of them. Ver much the minority.

I have been with FBI, DEA, ICE (may have even run into Todd@CIS or several other folks here) and local LEO's...99.9% very cool. The beauty of my job is, when they are not cool I am free to let them know it, then inform them that if they were nicer I would have been also. God Bless the FAA / DOT....heh

Edited by Angus
Guest coldblackwind

Well Todd, thats a touchy question, and I don't particularly want to get him in trouble by saying the wrong thing, because it wasn't a bad class, and it wasn't bad advice or information, so I'm just gonna dodge that one.

Guest jackdog

By in large most Leo encounters will be like the one you had. The asshat leo's seem to be in a minority, that's a good thing for us. It seems to me that state guys are by and large the easiest to deal with